Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrestlemania 23

Wrestlemania 23

Anyone else going to get Wrestlemania 23 tonight? Also, if anyone is interested, I can post match results in this thread. I usually don't buy the PPVs, but I did get the Rumble and am going to buy Mania tonight.

Here's the card:

Battle of the Billionaires
    Bobby Lashley vs. Umaga (Donald Trumps Hair vs. Vince McMahon's Hair) w/ Stone Cold Steve Austin as special guest referee.

WWE Championship Match
    Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena (c)

World Heavyweight Championship
    Batista (c) vs. Undertaker

Money In the Bank Ladder Match
    Randy Orton vs. Finlay vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Edge vs. Booker T vs. CM Punk

ECW Originals vs. ECW New Breed
    Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer, & Rob Van Dam vs. Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von, and Kevin Thorn

WWE Women's Championship
    Ashley vs. Melina (c)

United States Championship
    Chris Benoit (c) vs MVP

Kane vs. The Great Khali

It's not a great card, but the MOTB ladder match should be very good and I expect the WWE Championship match to be very good. The ECW match could be good as well. The women's match will be horrible, but provides some eye candy. Kane vs. Khali is going to be horrible and I hope its no more than 5 minutes.

Umaga is the Intercontinental champion and it's not on the line and the same can be said for Lashley's ECW Championship title. Cena and HBK are the World Tag Team Champions and they are fighting each other. I don't know how they are going to get the belts off of them and I doubt they have even thought about that. WWE Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick did not make the card for some reason and Chavo Guerrero and his Cruserweight Title were also left off. How they explain putting Kane and Khali on Mania and not their current champs always baffles me.

It's 4 Hours for $49.95. 7 eastern/6 central.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wrestlemania 23

I haven't bought a PPV for years. I don't even follow it that much anymore.

I did watch some of the HOF inductions this morning. I thought it would have been a good idea when Dusty Rhodes was accepting his HOF award if Ric Flair and Arn Anderson came up on stage and beat the crap out of Dusty for old times' sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

both Championship and MITB matches are the only ones that even appear entertaining on the surface.

the rest of it looks like crap. Benoit should be put against someone who can at least work as well as him. Khali just needs to go away and be forgotten before he kills someone...again.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Rumor going around of a special appearance by someone who is beyond awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    please don't post spoilers, as I would love to be suprised.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post

Is Pete Rose going to be chokeslammed by Kane again?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Is Pete Rose going to be chokeslammed by Kane again?
    That's the Royal Rumble when that happens.

Ken Kennedy is the new Mr. Money in the Bank.

Is there any remote possibility Trump gets his head shaved??? That would be awesome.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I want to call my shot right now...and I could be horribly wrong but here goes...and I also want to give my wife credit for this as well...as far as the "Battle of the Billionaires" head shaving match goes; just remember--this is April 1st (APRIL FOOLS DAY)--just think of that when it turns out neither McMahon or Trump gets their heads shaved...and no, I will not shell out fifty for the Mania--I needs my money for Opening Day...

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    I want to call my shot right now...and I could be horribly wrong but here goes...and I also want to give my wife credit for this as well...as far as the "Battle of the Billionaires" head shaving match goes; just remember--this is April 1st (APRIL FOOLS DAY)--just think of that when it turns out neither McMahon or Trump gets their heads shaved...and no, I will not shell out fifty for the Mania--I needs my money for Opening Day...

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/30/news...ion=2007033012

This guy called it as well.

updates?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    updates?

I looked at wwe.com out of curiosity. There's a picture of McMahon with a shaved head.

Winners:
    Mr. Kennedy ($ in the Bank)
    Benoit (retains US)
    Lashley / Trump
    ECW Originals
    Melina
    'Taker (new champ World)
    John Cena (retains WWE)

I had a blast.

Jeff Hardy's still insane. He jumped off a really big ladder, and landed butt first onto edge, who was laid out on another ladder.

Donald actually jumped Vince and "punched" him. Austin even gave Trump a stunner, sort of.

Tara Connor was with Trump.

The last match was better than I thought it would be.

Good, fun show overall.

Turn Off Ads?