Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I promise as a Reds' fan...

I promise as a Reds' fan...

To remember to enjoy watching the brilliance that still is, KGJ...

To appreciate the subtlety of baseball that allows veterans like Jeff Conine, Alex Gonzalez and Scott Hatteberg to help be a major part of a winner...

To never, ever forget to appreciate Josh Hamilton's most important victory even as baseball proves from time-to-time to be a futile existence...

To value the fact that Adam Dunn is one of baseball's most dynamic sluggers and to enjoy his talent instead of viciously wishing him to be something else...

To remember that David Weathers and Mike Stanton care about winning and getting the job done for their club more than I do as a fan...

To be excited about the sometimes excellence of Kyle Lohse and Matt Belisle instead of simply dreaming for Homer Bailey...

To never miss an at bat when EE bats with RISP...

To never get nervous when Arroyo walks back to back hitters to load the bases because I've seen him do this enough times to know he was just getting the matchup he wants...

To always get a smile watching Todd Coffey sprint to the mound like a man possessed then get out of a 2nd and 3rd, 1 out jam...

To never, ever feel good if Eric Milton, Rheal Cormier or Gary Majewski struggle but to remember they are professional men who value their careers and have families...

To scream at the television everytime George Grande jocks Jim Edmonds, Albert Pujols or Tony LaRussa...

To TIVO every Harang vs Carpenter start because it will be an incredible pitcher's duel...

To pray daily that Brandon Phillips and Ryan Freel do not kill themselves catching that Texas leaguer in short center that will inevitably come every week...

To enjoy Marty, Thom and JB talk about the Reds and baseball recognizing most baseball fans never get this pleasure...and to always make sure to catch all Reds-Dodgers games on Extra Innings when the Dodgers feed is on...

I do hereby swear...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I promise as a Reds' fan...

Great post! I'm going to miss Junior when he finally hangs up the cleats. The game will miss the beauty of his swing and the fun that he has brought to the game of baseball.

Here's to a great year!
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Excellent post, coach. Let's have an enjoyable season.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

You were creating tears in my eyes until...

To never, ever feel good if Eric Milton, Rheal Cormier or Gary Majewski struggle but to remember they are professional men who value their careers and have families...
    Sometimes I just wonder if Eric Milton is laughing with each paycheck he cashes, knowing full well he has zero talent and has a guaranteed contract. I'm starting to wonder the same about Cormier and Majewski.

Great list nonetheless!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Sometimes I just wonder if Eric Milton is laughing with each paycheck he cashes, knowing full well he has zero talent and has a guaranteed contract. I'm starting to wonder the same about Cormier and Majewski.

Great list nonetheless!
    Majewski has plenty of talent. He has just been hurt.

I promise to try realy, realy, realy hard not to get worked up over Narron's lineups, bench use, pen use, leaving starters in too lon....well just to not get worked up over Narron. He won't let me do it but I'll try.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post

Great list nonetheless!
    This is the problem with the internet. What coach said is exactly correct. Milton, Cormier, Majewski and the others are as professional as professionals get. Eric Milton has done everything in his power to try to "earn" his paycheck since coming to the Reds. Unfortunately he just doesn't have it anymore. But I'm not sure if there's a more stand up guy when he loses than Eric Milton.
    Then again I guess its' easy to be stand up when you're cashing the check anyway.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Great post!

Gotta archinve this bad boy...and if you don't mind, I'm going to copy this over to another board I frequent.

God Bless baseball being back!!!

Turn Off Ads?