Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Today's Edumacation From Tracy Jones

Re: Today's Edumacation From Tracy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    In all fairness he's played the game. He sees things you cannot even imagine, and understands concepts that fan's minds cannot understand. On top of that he's highly successful outside of baseball, yet still allows the commoners the chance to talk with him.
    Yes, but this does not compare with the mind of Alan Cutler. Cutler has been watching games for over 40 years. How long have you been watching games?
    Xavier University Football - undefeated since 1973

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by cacollinsmba View Post
    Yes, but this does not compare with the mind of Alan Cutler. Cutler has been watching games for over 40 years. How long have you been watching games?
    I hate Alan Cutler with a passion. I never want to hear "It's a great/horrible day to be a Reds/Bengals fan" again

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Lets get one thing straight about the Tracer....his on-air demeanor is all schtick....obviously he has learned at the feet of the WLW masters, such as Bill Cunningham...watching Tracy smirk and laugh at the GameDay Cafe during the McConnell show, it is obvious he is not taking himself or the show that seriously....and thats ok with me...

Roster glue

faint praise, but:

Tracy Jones > Gamble/Cutler/Furman

Tracy is hilarious to listen to... if you take the show for what it is. He isn't attempting to provide great insight into the game, and plays off of his "character" and the calls he garners.

Ok so eseriosuly, I have never listened to tracy Jones beffore but tonight -- I understand I am typing fast so I am going toe slow down. Today I ewnt to a baby shower and had about 18 mimosas so obivously I am drunk so we were driving home (none drunk was driving) and listening to tracy Jones and he says ooooh why does everybody hate eric milton (ed note: BECAUSE HE IS VERY VERY VEYR BAD FOR OUR BASEB ALL TEAM) I am rooting fo rhim! Says tracy. I root for theu nderdog! And I say Tracy, that is bull all over and my cousin says call him! Tell him! so I do.

and ai have the great great misfrotune of getting on the air right after some supid dude named NIck. Now I don't know whjo Nick was but he's an idiot and he didn't know anything about sports but wanted to yell at Tracy for not tipping him well and being bad at his retsaturatn.
    Wahtever, it was stupid. but he let him talk for five hours and he got really mad and shouted at him. They didn't talk about sports at all. they lobed instults at each otehr.

So then he gets to me and I talked about eric milton. And he said so you're against him? And I said I'm nota tginast him but we have to face facts, he's enver going to pitch well and there is a differnce between rooting for a guy to do well and rooting for a guy with one knee who CAN NEVER do well.

And he cut me off!!! He didn't want me to talk at all!!! he went right back to talking about nick.

Now I know tyhis is probalby all very amusing because I'm not spelling well but seriously, I'm telling you, this is the bane of my existence. i hate to say that he owulnd't let me talk because I'm a girl. and I don't think that's consicously it. but he didn't listen to what I wanted to say (and I don't think I osundddedc this durnk on the phone, I'm very good at talking well that's how I do my living) and more importantly he didn't want to hear me talk because I didn't want to talk about stupid nick. whihc is, I'm very very sorry, such a frat boy thing to twant to talk about. Ooooh he was stupid! he was mean to you! I bet his parents rescued him from sporst!! Oh my god are you people all in junior high.

And everybody after me just talked about stupid nick in continuing classic boy ooooh I bet he was fat and in the band in hgih school (serously I'm not making this up) and suuuuuuure tracy talked to them. While all the meanwhile saying he didn't understand why he let him go on for so long! He said he watned to talk about baseball but the only people he let talk were the people not talking about baseball!!! aaaaaahhhhhhh

so thehn the NEXT person who wanted to talk about ERic milton he let him go on and on, and eh says so we have one for him and three against and i'm all in the car screaming I NEVER SAID IW AS AGAINST HIM!!!!

Boys you listen to me, and I am dead seirous about this, when you meet a girl who lieks abseball and wants to talk about it, let her frekaing talk about it, dont' a) not listen to her or b) talk about the fact that she likes to talk about baseball ("wow you know a lot for a girl" SHUT THE HELL UP. I will beat the freaking crap out of you.) have a conversation!! don't talk about who played lacrosse in high school. and let me talk about stupid eric MIlton's stupid freaking nknee.

so then carla calls in and he lets her talk bae ause she won a date with him last year. and they didn't talk about baseball at all. people are so stupid.

in any cawse seriously it was the worst talk radio show i've ever heard and now ir emember why i don't ever listen to them.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

In all fairness he's played the game. He sees things you cannot even imagine, and understands concepts that fan's minds cannot understand. On top of that he's highly successful outside of baseball, yet still allows the commoners the chance to talk with him.
    Commoners?

Woo hoo, Tracy Jones stoops so low as to field questions from the unwashed masses, my hero!
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Ok so eseriosuly, I have never listened to tracy Jones beffore but tonight -- I understand I am typing fast so I am going toe slow down. Today I ewnt to a baby shower and had about 18 mimosas so obivously I am drunk so we were driving home (none drunk was driving) and listening to tracy Jones and he says ooooh why does everybody hate eric milton (ed note: BECAUSE HE IS VERY VERY VEYR BAD FOR OUR BASEB ALL TEAM) I am rooting fo rhim! Says tracy. I root for theu nderdog! And I say Tracy, that is bull all over and my cousin says call him! Tell him! so I do.

and ai have the great great misfrotune of getting on the air right after some supid dude named NIck. Now I don't know whjo Nick was but he's an idiot and he didn't know anything about sports but wanted to yell at Tracy for not tipping him well and being bad at his retsaturatn.
    Wahtever, it was stupid. but he let him talk for five hours and he got really mad and shouted at him. They didn't talk about sports at all. they lobed instults at each otehr.

So then he gets to me and I talked about eric milton. And he said so you're against him? And I said I'm nota tginast him but we have to face facts, he's enver going to pitch well and there is a differnce between rooting for a guy to do well and rooting for a guy with one knee who CAN NEVER do well.

And he cut me off!!! He didn't want me to talk at all!!! he went right back to talking about nick.

Now I know tyhis is probalby all very amusing because I'm not spelling well but seriously, I'm telling you, this is the bane of my existence. i hate to say that he owulnd't let me talk because I'm a girl. and I don't think that's consicously it. but he didn't listen to what I wanted to say (and I don't think I osundddedc this durnk on the phone, I'm very good at talking well that's how I do my living) and more importantly he didn't want to hear me talk because I didn't want to talk about stupid nick. whihc is, I'm very very sorry, such a frat boy thing to twant to talk about. Ooooh he was stupid! he was mean to you! I bet his parents rescued him from sporst!! Oh my god are you people all in junior high.

And everybody after me just talked about stupid nick in continuing classic boy ooooh I bet he was fat and in the band in hgih school (serously I'm not making this up) and suuuuuuure tracy talked to them. While all the meanwhile saying he didn't understand why he let him go on for so long! He said he watned to talk about baseball but the only people he let talk were the people not talking about baseball!!! aaaaaahhhhhhh

so thehn the NEXT person who wanted to talk about ERic milton he let him go on and on, and eh says so we have one for him and three against and i'm all in the car screaming I NEVER SAID IW AS AGAINST HIM!!!!

Boys you listen to me, and I am dead seirous about this, when you meet a girl who lieks abseball and wants to talk about it, let her frekaing talk about it, dont' a) not listen to her or b) talk about the fact that she likes to talk about baseball ("wow you know a lot for a girl" SHUT THE HELL UP. I will beat the freaking crap out of you.) have a conversation!! don't talk about who played lacrosse in high school. and let me talk about stupid eric MIlton's stupid freaking nknee.

so then carla calls in and he lets her talk bae ause she won a date with him last year. and they didn't talk about baseball at all. people are so stupid.

in any cawse seriously it was the worst talk radio show i've ever heard and now ir emember why i don't ever listen to them.
    Holy Crap.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Richard from Indian Hill

I'm sure a lot of you are familar with "Richard" from Indian Hill and his many calls to the Extra Innings with Tracy Jones. He's on the air crying about the Reds game time being changed to 1:05 pm today. He said he's calling from I-71 south on his way to the 7:10 pm game tonight. What a goof. WLW announced that change a hundred times last night.

nm
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Woo hoo, Tracy Jones stoops so low as to field questions from the unwashed masses, my hero!
    You should actually call him and say that "Tracy, because you stoop to new lows to answer your fan's mindless dribble...thats why you are my hero."
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

If you talked like you just wrote, then I don't blame him. Seriously. Don't post drunk, it's dangerous, or at least have someone sober look over it.
    Last edited by geniusMoment; 04-07-2007 at 06:28 PM.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

vp, I've gotta start drinking mimosa's! (I think) :all_cohol

I wish I'd have heard the call...

The Tracy Jones show (ummmm, I mean "Extra Innings") has become more about Tracy entertaining himself and his friends, and advertising his financial planning business, and less and less about baseball, unfortunately.

Don't sweat it.

You can come here and talk baseball with the boys all you want- we always listen
    sorry we're boring

If you talked like you just wrote, then I don't blame him. Seriously.
    I was extremely coherent, I am sure of it.

(see? I can do it.)

I'm telling you, he wanted to talk about this stupid dude. Tracy jones is a turd bowl.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

This may be the single greatest post ever.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?