Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Today's Edumacation From Tracy Jones

Re: Today's Edumacation From Tracy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Again, welcome to the board Tracy. No one is forced to take calls on a radio show. Last I heard, they have call screeners to take care of that. You can choose to take calls by fans who have serious points about baseball and discuss them in an intelligent manner, or you can choose to take the calls from the drunks because you think it's more entertaining. The fact that just about all of the sports talk hosts choose to take the drunk calls over those who might have a valid yet dissenting opinion shows that it's not about sports at WLW, it's about making fun of drunks and imbeciles. The only other people who get airtime are the ones who start with "Hi Marty/Tracy/Tom, love you love the show."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tracy is forced to take one drunkard call after another on his wonderful show.
    One can only hope that this is forced upon Tracy via the "Ludovico Technique."

Now that would be impressive... like nobodies business.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Ok so eseriosuly, I have never listened to tracy Jones beffore but tonight -- I understand I am typing fast so I am going toe slow down. Today I ewnt to a baby shower and had about 18 mimosas so obivously I am drunk so we were driving home (none drunk was driving) and listening to tracy Jones and he says ooooh why does everybody hate eric milton (ed note: BECAUSE HE IS VERY VERY VEYR BAD FOR OUR BASEB ALL TEAM) I am rooting fo rhim! Says tracy. I root for theu nderdog! And I say Tracy, that is bull all over and my cousin says call him! Tell him! so I do.

and ai have the great great misfrotune of getting on the air right after some supid dude named NIck. Now I don't know whjo Nick was but he's an idiot and he didn't know anything about sports but wanted to yell at Tracy for not tipping him well and being bad at his retsaturatn.
    Wahtever, it was stupid. but he let him talk for five hours and he got really mad and shouted at him. They didn't talk about sports at all. they lobed instults at each otehr.

So then he gets to me and I talked about eric milton. And he said so you're against him? And I said I'm nota tginast him but we have to face facts, he's enver going to pitch well and there is a differnce between rooting for a guy to do well and rooting for a guy with one knee who CAN NEVER do well.

And he cut me off!!! He didn't want me to talk at all!!! he went right back to talking about nick.

Now I know tyhis is probalby all very amusing because I'm not spelling well but seriously, I'm telling you, this is the bane of my existence. i hate to say that he owulnd't let me talk because I'm a girl. and I don't think that's consicously it. but he didn't listen to what I wanted to say (and I don't think I osundddedc this durnk on the phone, I'm very good at talking well that's how I do my living) and more importantly he didn't want to hear me talk because I didn't want to talk about stupid nick. whihc is, I'm very very sorry, such a frat boy thing to twant to talk about. Ooooh he was stupid! he was mean to you! I bet his parents rescued him from sporst!! Oh my god are you people all in junior high.

And everybody after me just talked about stupid nick in continuing classic boy ooooh I bet he was fat and in the band in hgih school (serously I'm not making this up) and suuuuuuure tracy talked to them. While all the meanwhile saying he didn't understand why he let him go on for so long! He said he watned to talk about baseball but the only people he let talk were the people not talking about baseball!!! aaaaaahhhhhhh

so thehn the NEXT person who wanted to talk about ERic milton he let him go on and on, and eh says so we have one for him and three against and i'm all in the car screaming I NEVER SAID IW AS AGAINST HIM!!!!

Boys you listen to me, and I am dead seirous about this, when you meet a girl who lieks abseball and wants to talk about it, let her frekaing talk about it, dont' a) not listen to her or b) talk about the fact that she likes to talk about baseball ("wow you know a lot for a girl" SHUT THE HELL UP. I will beat the freaking crap out of you.) have a conversation!! don't talk about who played lacrosse in high school. and let me talk about stupid eric MIlton's stupid freaking nknee.

so then carla calls in and he lets her talk bae ause she won a date with him last year. and they didn't talk about baseball at all. people are so stupid.

in any cawse seriously it was the worst talk radio show i've ever heard and now ir emember why i don't ever listen to them.
    Classic!
    Where we gonna go?

/\ Agreed.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    I guess it could be called pandering the least common denominator.
    Maybe I don't get this....in Marketing 101 we called it the LOWEST common denominator.

Everyone here seems to get there jollies out of making fun of Tracy. I can tell you that every time I've met him he's been nothing but gracious, self depricating and an all around wonderful human being. There are millions of people in this country, and there are tons of people who drink from the sickening cup of avarice, so much so that they will drown in their own filth. Tracy is a beaconing reminder of all that is good, a ray of sunshine down into the muck of our everyday exsistence. As we all crawl up from the mud underneath the rock of life Tracy will be there to guide us into Baseball immortality. For it is he who has played the game. It is he who has played with Alan Trammel. And it is he who transforms another weekend into Baseball bliss. Rejoice in this festive season, the baseball god is here.

Porkchop Sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    Everyone here seems to get there jollies out of making fun of Tracy. I can tell you that every time I've met him he's been nothing but gracious, self depricating and an all around wonderful human being. There are millions of people in this country, and there are tons of people who drink from the sickening cup of avarice, so much so that they will drown in their own filth. Tracy is a beaconing reminder of all that is good, a ray of sunshine down into the muck of our everyday exsistence. As we all crawl up from the mud underneath the rock of life Tracy will be there to guide us into Baseball immortality. For it is he who has played the game. It is he who has played with Alan Trammel. And it is he who transforms another weekend into Baseball bliss. Rejoice in this festive season, the baseball god is here.

I was worried at first because I thought you were serious!

Wait, you are joking aren't you?

That was beautiful geniusMoment
    Go Gators!

it is too bad he died on the cross two thousand years ago.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Porkchop Sandwiches

it is too bad he died on the cross two thousand years ago.
    It's cool, he rises tomorrow.

Old Red Guard Reject

Tracy Jones is not a "turd bowl". He is highly intelligent, well mannered, and fills out a uniform like nobodies business.

Two Snaps for you, Mr. Jones!
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Wow, that's awesome. I don't know whether you're being serious or joking but I don't care that's hillarious.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by DoogMinAmo View Post
    It's cool, he rises tomorrow.

Maybe in celebration we can get another miracle tomorrow and Milton can rise from the dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Ok, we get it Mrs. Jones.... you love your son...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Ok so eseriosuly, I have never listened to tracy Jones beffore but tonight -- I understand I am typing fast so I am going toe slow down. Today I ewnt to a baby shower and had about 18 mimosas so obivously I am drunk so we were driving home (none drunk was driving) and listening to tracy Jones and he says ooooh why does everybody hate eric milton (ed note: BECAUSE HE IS VERY VERY VEYR BAD FOR OUR BASEB ALL TEAM) I am rooting fo rhim! Says tracy. I root for theu nderdog! And I say Tracy, that is bull all over and my cousin says call him! Tell him! so I do.

and ai have the great great misfrotune of getting on the air right after some supid dude named NIck. Now I don't know whjo Nick was but he's an idiot and he didn't know anything about sports but wanted to yell at Tracy for not tipping him well and being bad at his retsaturatn.
    Wahtever, it was stupid. but he let him talk for five hours and he got really mad and shouted at him. They didn't talk about sports at all. they lobed instults at each otehr.

So then he gets to me and I talked about eric milton. And he said so you're against him? And I said I'm nota tginast him but we have to face facts, he's enver going to pitch well and there is a differnce between rooting for a guy to do well and rooting for a guy with one knee who CAN NEVER do well.

And he cut me off!!! He didn't want me to talk at all!!! he went right back to talking about nick.

Now I know tyhis is probalby all very amusing because I'm not spelling well but seriously, I'm telling you, this is the bane of my existence. i hate to say that he owulnd't let me talk because I'm a girl. and I don't think that's consicously it. but he didn't listen to what I wanted to say (and I don't think I osundddedc this durnk on the phone, I'm very good at talking well that's how I do my living) and more importantly he didn't want to hear me talk because I didn't want to talk about stupid nick. whihc is, I'm very very sorry, such a frat boy thing to twant to talk about. Ooooh he was stupid! he was mean to you! I bet his parents rescued him from sporst!! Oh my god are you people all in junior high.

And everybody after me just talked about stupid nick in continuing classic boy ooooh I bet he was fat and in the band in hgih school (serously I'm not making this up) and suuuuuuure tracy talked to them. While all the meanwhile saying he didn't understand why he let him go on for so long! He said he watned to talk about baseball but the only people he let talk were the people not talking about baseball!!! aaaaaahhhhhhh

so thehn the NEXT person who wanted to talk about ERic milton he let him go on and on, and eh says so we have one for him and three against and i'm all in the car screaming I NEVER SAID IW AS AGAINST HIM!!!!

Boys you listen to me, and I am dead seirous about this, when you meet a girl who lieks abseball and wants to talk about it, let her frekaing talk about it, dont' a) not listen to her or b) talk about the fact that she likes to talk about baseball ("wow you know a lot for a girl" SHUT THE HELL UP. I will beat the freaking crap out of you.) have a conversation!! don't talk about who played lacrosse in high school. and let me talk about stupid eric MIlton's stupid freaking nknee.

so then carla calls in and he lets her talk bae ause she won a date with him last year. and they didn't talk about baseball at all. people are so stupid.

in any cawse seriously it was the worst talk radio show i've ever heard and now ir emember why i don't ever listen to them.

Greatest. Post. Ever.

Will you marry me?

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?