Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Day Pics

Opening Day Pics

The game today was great. I had a pretty good seat, 10th row behind the Reds dugout. Here are some of my pics. I didn't take too many, as my battery was dying. I don't know how to make them thumbnails here, so here's a link to flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7622711@N03/

My tidbits from the game:

The Josh Hamilton moment was pretty cool. The crowd's reaction was great. He had a huge smile on his face as he made it back to the dugout after his at bat. Very nice experience to be there for that.

Overheard someone suggest, that Freel could be moved to 3rd late in games to improve the defense and that would allow Hamilton to play CF. I guess EE's D is not much appreciated by the fella who made that suggestion.

The new Riverboat Pavillion on top of the batter's eye, makes the black building look much better. It sort of blends in well now.
    Last edited by Bobcat J; 04-02-2007 at 05:44 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Opening Day Pics

Well, EE did have a nice play although he also had the one ricochet off his glove into left-center. I wonder what that fan thought of Freel when he dropped a diving catch and then threw it 30' to the left of the third baseman.

I can almost find myself in one of your pictures, but it's too blurry to tell (the Eric Davis one of the visitor's dugout).

The crowd really did give Hamilton a nice ovation.

They did a quick recognition intro for Pete in the 8th inning. He got some nice applause but not as much as you might expect.

I actually called Dunn's homerun and Griffey's single in the first. After that I stopped predicting and kept my perfect record in tact.

Harang looked great. Gonzo looked smooth with the glove. I thought Dunn looked slimmer than last year.

I'm kicking myself for not bringing my camera today. I was sitting in the first row behind the Cubs dugout and I was ten feet away when Davis stopped and gave Pinella a hug and was sitting behing Pinella and Trammell hanging on the railing all day. Man, Derek Lee is a big guy.

Sunny and 80. Perfect weather for Opening Day. And it's always cool when those fighter jets go soaring by . . .

Overheard someone suggest, that Freel could be moved to 3rd late in games to improve the defense and that would allow Hamilton to play CF. I guess EE's D is not much appreciated by the fella who made that suggestion.
    lol

Last edited by robmadden1; 04-02-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Bobcat J I hope you don't mind I added your pics to my gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by robmadden1 View Post
    Bobcat J I hope you don't mind I added your pics to my gallery.
    No problem.

<---jealous

I would like it if others would post thier pics in this thread if they took pics at the game so I can add them to my gallery. I want us to have the best Reds gallery out thier (my gallery lol).

Bobcat in one of the pics I can see my self I am in the section right before the chicita piitch speed and count sign. I am that little grey blurb in the pic I am in section 103 row G seat 1. If anyone from here is at the game feel free to come by and say hi I have season tickets. I will be at every game this week except easter I got to work that day. Fopr the next Home stand I will be in FL visiting my dad I leave on the 19th to go to Tampa, FL.

If you do come by to say hi just say your from the redszone forum so I know who you are.
    Last edited by robmadden1; 04-02-2007 at 07:56 PM.

Just a few more...I don't have the patience to weed through my photos right now (I took a ton, and ended up with an inordinate amount of Alfonso Soriano; I just can't help myself) but here are my favorite people of the day:

1. All told, within about a two-hour span, these were the most entertaining children EVER.
    2. Yep. Love him.
    3. So does everybody else!
    4. See!!!
    5. Now, a lot of you may not know this because I try not to, like, broadcast it, but Eric Davis is in love with me. He's been in love with me for over 20 years, since he saw my little six- or seven-year-old self in the stands at Riverfront. Look how happy he is to see me. I communicated to him via telepathy how outstanding his suit is. He's still got it, yo.

Great game. Perfect day. My face is sunburnt as hell though.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Not nuts about the new unis. They look like the GeneriCalifornia Angels.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Great game. Perfect day. My face is sunburnt as hell though.
    I'm a sunburnt mess. We were downtown and outside from about 8:30am till after the game. Lobster is a good description of the color I am at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Not nuts about the new unis. They look like the GeneriCalifornia Angels.
    Yeah geez, from a distance, I can't tell if I'm looking at the Reds, Cardinals or Angels.

They need to jazz 'em up a bit.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Did anyone else get completely sun burned? My arms are absolutely on fire.

If it would be easier for you vaticanplum you can upload the pics to me in a zip file to here http://thep03.sytes.net/upload

no need to send me the ones you posted i will have already added them to the gallery.

Turn Off Ads?