Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: David Ross

David Ross

I'm worried about him. He didn't look like he had a clue today. I just thought last year it looked like he got tired and pitchers started to figure him out a little. Today it seemed like he will struggle vs. bad pitchers. I guess we'll see more against Lilly, a LH, on Wed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: David Ross

and Dunn's going to hit 300 homers

He did look really bad on his two strikeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    and Dunn's going to hit 300 homers
    Actually, i think he is going to hit 324.

Definatly looked bad today, but one 3-4 game with two homeruns and everyone will be talking him up again. It's too early to say if he's lost it or not, even if he has.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

He made a nice play throwing a runner out at second.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Definatly looked bad today, but one 3-4 game with two homeruns and everyone will be talking him up again. It's too early to say if he's lost it or not, even if he has.
    IMO, he's been extremely overrated. He .203 after the ASB. I'm expecting a not so productive season and a eventual platoon with Javy...with Ross getting the short end.

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    He made a nice play throwing a runner out at second.
    I don't know what kind of jump Lee had on that play, but the pitch was as close to being a pitch out without being a pitch out as you can get. It was high and outside and it allowed Ross to catch the ball out of the crouch and get right into his throwing motion. He also had a clear view of the runner. I would expect most every catcher to get the out on that pitch.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Just the first game folks, lot of AB's to come down the road. Only 161 games to go!

Quote Originally Posted by TexRed View Post
    lot of AB's to come down the road.
    That's the worry.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

He just looked totally lost... that's the worry. And his post-ASB numbers from last year aren't confidence inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't know what kind of jump Lee had on that play, but the pitch was as close to being a pitch out without being a pitch out as you can get. It was high and outside and it allowed Ross to catch the ball out of the crouch and get right into his throwing motion. He also had a clear view of the runner. I would expect most every catcher to get the out on that pitch.
    I thought Lee got a pretty good jump, and at the time I expected him to be safe. I was surprised that Ross got him. Your explaination of the virtual pitchout clears that up.

I've always thought that Ross actually gets rid of the ball quickly and throws well. It's the only part of his defense that I think is good. It's odd I think he's above average in throwing out runners but far below average in blocking balls. That WP on Harang should have been a PB, actually he should have turned his glove over and stopped it easily, it looked very lazy.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by TexRed View Post
    Just the first game folks, lot of AB's to come down the road. Only 161 games to go!
    It honestly has nothing to do with him going 0-4. It was more about him not having a clue when up at the plate.

From my vantage-point, Lee got a good jump off first.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?