Saw game...but away from computer...so...

1. After re-reading gamethread, it appears only 1 post of "oh my God, we're gonna win it all"...

2. But surprisingly, many pages skewering Narron's decision to leave Harang in the game...

3. All joy for the Dunner...

4.And even a new nickname...Bonzo Gonzo

Okay, some quick observations:

1. It doesn't matter how Harang pitched in the 7th...it doesn't matter if those pitches were "non-stress"...it simply was a risk we didn't need to take...not only the risk of injury or fatigue, but also it risked Harang not leaving the game on a good note...I personally like Narron and major props to RedFanAlways1966 for his great post on Harang's pitch counts from last year, but it simply is a risk not needed, IMHO...however, this isn't nearly as insane as the Brewers were with Ben Sheets today...may they run him out there for extra innings every time they start him...

2. Bonzo Gonzo is the real deal defensively...that was a sensational play he made today...

3. Ole Farney makes it interesting, doesn't he???...wonder if Griffey wasn't saying "nice play" after the butchering of the play in the 5th??...but then again, Griff probably said "no way I get to that ball" on the one Freel caught in the 6th...

4. If the major worry of the day was EE not driving in runs with 2 based loaded chances, it's a good day...he'll be just fine...and yes, his defense continues to get better...

5. Thanks to Cincy fans for their reception to Josh Hamilton...the smile never left his face...may he always remember the victories it took to get here!!

6. Saarloos looked sharp...nice to see!!

7. Is the worst day of the year the day preceeding the All-star game (when there are literally no sporting events to enjoy), or tommorrow when the Reds always have the day off?????

Extra Note: Baseball Tonite phone interview with Steve Phillips:

a. Harang was "sensational"
b. Reds defense is "definitely better" with Freel in center, noting the diving catch..."I don't think Griffey could get to that"....also, "the defense will be better because of Gonzalez at SS"
c. He doesn't mind Dunn batting 2nd..."if he makes more contact"..."he can really help an offense as a #2 hitter driving in runs"...he gave credit to Brooks Jacoby...