Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Grieving couple commits suicide after dog dies

Grieving couple commits suicide after dog dies

HYDERABAD, India (Reuters) - Unable to come to terms with the death of their pet dog, an elderly couple in southern India committed suicide by hanging themselves, police said on Monday.

The bodies of 67-year-old retired soldier C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63, were found on Sunday in their home in a suburb of Hyderabad.

Police said the childless couple had held a burial ceremony for their dog of 13 years, called "Puppy," and hosted a feast for friends before hanging themselves in their bedroom.

"The couple described the grief over their pet dog in the suicide note they left on March 29," said police inspector V. Anantaiah.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Grieving couple commits suicide after dog dies

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Police said the childless couple had held a burial ceremony for their dog of 13 years, called "Puppy," and hosted a feast for friends before hanging themselves in their bedroom.
    Mrs Ltlabner and I can relate to these folks in some ways. We've transfered a lot of love that should have been directed elsewhere towards our dog, and a far lesser degree our cats. Our dog is older and I think I'm going to be messed up for a while after she is no longer with us.

That said, I highly doubt I'll hold a party and hang myself over it. Not mocking these folks, but while I'll greive when that sad day comes, I don't think my greif will run that deep.

Supreme Jar Opener

This reminds me of when my mom called me at work sobbing and all I could get was that I needed to come home... she watched my kids and I drove like a maniac thinking something had happened to one of them... when I get there, she was still sobbing unintelligibly, and putting her 18 year old chihuahua, wrapped in a (newly crocheted) blanket into a (fancy decorated) box to bury... we had a funeral... she was mortified... luckily.. she wasn't quite that attached to "Cupcake".

Senor Votto

Wow, that's pretty sad all they had to live for was a dog.

I've loved all of my dogs. All of them have been with me for a while. I have been very sad when they have died.
    That, however, is taking this a bit to the extreme.

One of the biggest problems in evacuating people when a hurricane is rolling in is the fact that they can't take their pets to the shelters.

Many, many people rode out Katrina and paid a stiff price because they wouldn't abandon their pets.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Supreme Jar Opener

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    One of the biggest problems in evacuating people when a hurricane is rolling in is the fact that they can't take their pets to the shelters.

Many, many people rode out Katrina and paid a stiff price because they wouldn't abandon their pets.
    While I see hanging myself as an extreme... I think that people should be allowed to evacuate their pets. I mean, I get attached to our goldfish!

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    HYDERABAD, India (Reuters) - an elderly couple ... 67-year-old C.N. Madanraj and his wife, Tarabai, 63,
    Elderly?!?!?!?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?