Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rube Goldberg machine built by my kid

Rube Goldberg machine built by my kid

We went to the annual Rube Goldberg Machine contest Saturday. My six year old totally loves these things. So, when we came home we built one ourselves. I helped him with a couple parts, but a lot of this was his own design.

Here is his video. It's a little hard to see it working, but I think the best part is the explanation, anyway.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rube Goldberg machine built by my kid

Do you have 12 kids SunDeck? I feel like you reference a new one in every thread. There are probably some repeats, I guess.

If I hadn't been to the game today, that would have been the best thing I've seen all day. Your son is a freaking riot. Very well done too!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    We went to the annual Rube Goldberg Machine contest Saturday. My six year old totally loves these things. So, when we came home we built one ourselves. I helped him with a couple parts, but a lot of this was his own design.

Here is his video. It's a little hard to see it working, but I think the best part is the explanation, anyway.
    I got on one of those kicks when I was younger, drove my Mom crazy. I think I got the idea from the game Mousetrap and then saw something in a cartoon that reinforced it.

Loads of good clean fun.

GL

I love Rube Goldberg devices, in my high school physics class I had to make one that would open a pop can and pour the drink into the glass in 10 or more steps.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Do you have 12 kids SunDeck? I feel like you reference a new one in every thread. There are probably some repeats, I guess.
    Yeah, I'm probably a little nuts when it comes to showing off my kids.

But, I took the advice of my older brother, who has three boys, "Never have more kids than you have hands."

Supreme Jar Opener

But, I took the advice of my older brother, who has three boys, "Never have more kids than you have hands."
    That is pure genius. I wish I'd have met him before I created this basketball team... I exaggerate... there are only three... but somedays...

You took the kid to Purdue? How old is he? Seriously if he's less than 15 there's no need to subject him to that kind of cruelty.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    How old is he?
    See, if you would have went to Purdue you would probably know the answer to that question.

SunDeck, its nice to see you working with your son on this. I enjoyed the video.

sweet.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Oh no, I actually enjoy people showing off their kids. I just feel like there's been a six-year-old, a four-year-old, a three-year-old...maybe they're just, you know, growing. Or maybe I attribute every Redszone child to you.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Or maybe I attribute every Redszone child to you.

Um...

Er...

Turn Off Ads?