Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What GABP needs.

Re: What GABP needs.

Quote Originally Posted by LawFive View Post
    I've never been, but supposedly Dolphins/Marlins stadium is pretty desolate.

See average attendance for Marlins games. Correlation? You betcha.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    A safer walk to the park would be nice as well, how many homeless/beggers do you pass as you go into the park? The over/under is 4 and its usually 7 or 8.
    Since when are homeless/beggars inherently dangerous? I've encountered tens of thousands of homeless/beggars in my life and have never had the slightest problem. Honey, I've got news for you, if they're going to hurt you for money, they're not going to ask you for it first.

And the Banks is going to happen, sooner than a lot of people think I bet. They have a developer and there's money to be lost if they stall, money to be made if they get going.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    KC.

The closest establishments are Subway and Denny's.

Basically, you just sit in the parking lot and drink (which does have it's merits...).
    Denney's??? I go to the GAB alot; where the heck is the Denney's?

BTW, there are places to go... there's a sports bar in an alley off from Vine (can't remember the name); the In-Between Tavern right across the street from the GAB and Head-First Sports Bar in the other direction (2nd Street), plus Gameday right down the street on Pete Rose Way.

And if you don't mind walking just a couple blocks (closer than walking across the bridge), The Havanna Martini Bar is right down the street from the Westin (5th), and there are several places on Walnut between 5th and 6th. The Rock Bottom is on Fountain Square.

Then you have Margarita's on 4th between Vine and Race Sully's sports bar is on 7th and Race, and there's Champs in the Hyatt. Actually, there are more but I can't remember them all.

If you want to drive a bit, the Main Street Entertainment district is between 10th and 12th. Lots of places there and on the streets on either side of Main.

No, except for Gameday, Head First, and the In-Between you have to walk a few blocks. But if you walk across the bridge, you're doing that anyway. I guess I'm a wanderer, because I never have a problem finding a place to hang out if I choose to do so after the game, though I do miss all the GREAT watering holes they tore down to build Paul Brown Stadium.

PS - I have NEVER had a vender be rude to me, nor even one of the FEW homeless for that matter. And the musicians are very very nice if you take the time to speak to them and perhaps compliment them on their music.

I did, however, once have a total maniac try to get in my face when leaving the Aranoff Theater one night. TM told me he usually hangs out in Clifton but that night he was ranting and raving at every person who would not give him money. Must admit, he was a bit scary.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 04-03-2007 at 07:40 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

[QUOTE=TeamBoone;1283256]Denney's??? I go to the GAB alot; where the heck is the Denney's?

Teamboone, I believe that he was referring to area round the stadium in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Is there a stadium in MLB with LESS to do around the stadium than GABP?

Milwaukee and Miami are a few that I've been to that is isolated.

GABP and PBS have had more economic impact on Northern Kentucky than on Cincinnati or Hamilton County. Since it is the taxpayers of Hamilton County that are paying for the stadiums it was pretty darn stupid of us to build them right on the very edge of the county where most of the benefits do not go to the people paying the bill. Since the selfish people of Northern Kentucky did not contribute a single penny to help us keep the teams in town we should not have built the stadiums in a place where those cheapskates get to reap the benefits.

They should have built them in the center of Hamilton County so that all the benefits would go to the Hamilton County residents footing the bill. Where is the center of Hamilton County? Reading? Norwood? Just imagine how much space is there that could have housed the stadium and all kinds of fun stuff around it. It would have revitalized the whole area.

Instead we got two stadiums on a virtual island separated from the city by a freeway and a whole lot of concrete.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Is there a stadium in MLB with LESS to do around the stadium than GABP?
    Are you kidding?!!! Cow tipping opportunities all over the place
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    KC.

The closest establishments are Subway and Denny's.

Basically, you just sit in the parking lot and drink (which does have it's merits...).
    I have no problem with sitting in the parking lot drinking. In fact, I've done it in KC a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    And the Banks is going to happen, sooner than a lot of people think I bet.

Stop it! You're killing me!

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    Denney's??? I go to the GAB alot; where the heck is the Denney's?
    Teamboone, I believe that he was referring to area round the stadium in KC.
    Yes I was. Nothing around the KC stadiums except concrete and low-rent fast food.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    And the Banks is going to happen, sooner than a lot of people think I bet. They have a developer and there's money to be lost if they stall, money to be made if they get going.
    Got some paper towels? I just sprayed coffee all over my PC.

It's a :deadhorse, but the county and the city screwed the pooch on the Broadway Commons vs. the Wedge thing.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I dont know if its is feasable but couldn't the reds lower the field a little bit? There is very limited space for the reds to move back the wall any so why not try this. I know Michigan did it to their football stadium years back.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I dont know if its is feasable but couldn't the reds lower the field a little bit? There is very limited space for the reds to move back the wall any so why not try this. I know Michigan did it to their football stadium years back.

That might be feasable if the home runs the Reds were giving up just sneaked over the fences but that's like the talking head on ESPN who speculated about how much better Adam Dunn would do in Yankee Stadium. It's not like Dunn's HRs are just getting over the wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I think the stadium - as far as dimensions go - is fine as is. In fact I think that Narron and the press shuld play up the small dimensions and the alleged low pitcher's mound just to get into the heads of the opposing pitchers. I'd like to see guys come in here and be worried about pop flies turning into HRs. But you don't want to play it up too much because you may scare off free agent pitchers. Although anybody with half a brain knows that you can pitch well in GAB if you are a good pitcher. Look at Arroyo and Harang. I've seen Roy Oswalt, Brandon Webb, Roger Clemens and Doug Davis come in here and shut the Reds down. You use it as a selling point. Make it a challenge and appeal to their manhood.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

The Banks will happen! I have a crystal ball!!!
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Turn Off Ads?