Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brad Lidge hasn't gotten over the HR yet

Re: Brad Lidge hasn't gotten over the HR yet

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    That article contains a link to a radio clip of Brad Ausmus explaining that Lidge has developed a mechanical flaw that is causing his slider to break differently, and hitters have started recognizing it.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    So happy that I drafted Wheeler in my fantasy league. So happy.
    I wouldn't be too happy about that. Just sayin'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Wheeler did his best Brad Lidge impression in Chicago today. 1 IP, 4 H, 2R, 2K in a non-save situation.
    Exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post
    How ironic. You name a closer, he botches a game to a closing situation. The man who can't get a save for the life of him..comes out and gets the save? Welcome to the Astro-Zone..
    http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=6091
    This is panic, and misplaced panic at that. The Astros had five losses when Phil Garner made this decision. One of them was arguably attributable to Lidge (who, it should be noted, left with the game tied); the other four were all about the team’s lousy hitters, a group that scored 16 runs and put up a .283 OBP in the season’s first week. Craig Biggio played worse than Lidge did and kept his job; so did Chris Burke. Demoting Brad Lidge was a reaction to the Astros’ inability to score, a tantrum, kicking the dog because you had a bad day at work. Lidge lost his job because his teammates didn’t hit for a week.
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    That article contains a link to a radio clip of Brad Ausmus explaining that Lidge has developed a mechanical flaw that is causing his slider to break differently, and hitters have started recognizing it.

I wonder if he's tipping his pitches too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Lidge is..

Comes in, bottom 9 in a 6-2 game vs Milwaukee and promptly goes walk, walk, K, HR to Fielder. 6-5, one out.

Update...ground out and double to Estrada. Lidge is out.

Turn Off Ads?