Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds picked to Win Central!!!

Reds picked to Win Central!!!

Wow. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it Verducci.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....monday/1.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds picked to Win Central!!!

haha nice, finally someone with some sort of faith for this team!

They don't matter anyway, but it's still annoying talking to my Indians Friends...
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    ďIím a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.Ē - Sean Casey

Isn't he the same guys who said the REDS were one of six teams to not have a chance of winning the world series this year.

No half measures, Walter RedEye's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    haha nice, finally someone with some sort of faith for this team!
    I'm not sure I'd call it faith. His Reds prediction seems to more of a shot at the NL Central than anything else. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    Isn't he the same guys who said the REDS were one of six teams to not have a chance of winning the world series this year.
    No, I think that was Verducci, who kal referenced in the original post.

And not posted on 4/1.
    How 'bout that?
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call it faith. His Reds prediction seems to more of a shot at the NL Central than anything else. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
    I'll take what I can get. Let's be honest, a large part of the reason why I believe that the Reds have a shot is because the Central is so crappy. It's just a fact that this division is not great. The Reds may not be contenders in a better division.

That said, the Reds are not in a better division, so they do have a chance to win this thing. And once you are in the playoffs, anything can happen.

I think there is a recent precedent of a less than stellar team from this division winning a World Series. Why can't it be the Reds this year?

Hope springs eternal.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

Turn Off Ads?