Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Reds fans!!!!!!!!

Thank you Reds fans!!!!!!!!

You guys can talk about the players all you want but you know what the greatest thing was about todays game??? It was the fans!!! I mean I loved watching every single minute of that game and im glad we won but seeing GABP sold out and watching all the reds fans cheering non stop wearing all red was absolutly awesome.

Guys this has to happen every single game!!!! You seen how the players reacted while playing... they loved it!!!!!!!!! Thats what cincinnati reds baseball is all about playing a 162 game season with all your home games sold out.Come on reds fans keep this going!!!!!!!!
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thank you Reds fans!!!!!!!!

It was very nice to see and I agree that it would be cool to keep that kind of fan momentum going. (Here comes the but)

BUT, once you subtract the people there that view it as just a social event and place to be seen once a year we'll be back down to the mid 20,000's soon enough.

Heck I could count 3 or 4 of those here at my office alone yesterday. They show up on April 2nd to put in a half day at work, wearing their Reds t-shirt and ballcap of course, and then from that day forward you don't hear a peep out of them regarding the Reds or baseball at all for the rest of the season.

Don't get me wrong, the Reds do have a great core fanbase, especially here at this site, but probably half the people at the ballpark yesterday won't be able to tell you who's in first place in our division in August.

Put a team on the field that generates excitement and you'll get that. This is what Lindner never understood.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I thought the fans were horrible yesterday. When I go to a game I want to watch baseball not drunk jackasses on their cellphones. This was my 5th straight Opening Day and it might have been my last for awhile. I paid 150 for a ticket to seriously have drunk people who couldnt name 6 players on either team stand up and talk on their phones to friends a section over and wave like idiots the entire game. Never been so frustrated at a game in my life.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Not trying to be a downer, but the Reds will always sell out on Opening Day.

Unfortunately, I wonder if the Reds will crack double digits for sell outs this year.

I hope they do, I'd love to see the organizational and fan base culture changing in Cincinnati.

Certainly high attendance is important, but I'm not a big fan of lots of sell-outs. I'd like to see us average in the 30's somewhere. I would hate the thought of not being able to just pick up and go to the game or be able to bring a group to the game because most games are sold out.

My daughter and I did luck out on some SRO tickets yesterday, just $5.00 over face value each. We ended up sitting out the first base line in two seats. We had talked to one guy who wanted $80 each for seats like this and I said "no thanks" (I would have paid him $40 each, $10 over face). I joked with my daughter that maybe we sat in those seats anyway!

To repeat, I like that there are seats available and that there are bargains available (group rates, church dates, college nights, etc.). Constant sell-outs would end the Reds as an affordable entertainment option, IMO.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

The real fans will be the ones who show up for tomorrow's game, when the weather is 30 degrees cooler and overcast.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    The real fans will be the ones who show up for tomorrow's game, when the weather is 30 degrees cooler and overcast.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Not trying to be a downer, but the Reds will always sell out on Opening Day.

Unfortunately, I wonder if the Reds will crack double digits for sell outs this year.

I hope they do, I'd love to see the organizational and fan base culture changing in Cincinnati.
    I think they are headed in the right direction, but it may not happen immediately. If they win consistently and if exciting things happen on the field then fans will start to show up.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    I thought the fans were horrible yesterday. When I go to a game I want to watch baseball not drunk jackasses on their cellphones. This was my 5th straight Opening Day and it might have been my last for awhile. I paid 150 for a ticket to seriously have drunk people who couldnt name 6 players on either team stand up and talk on their phones to friends a section over and wave like idiots the entire game. Never been so frustrated at a game in my life.
    That is what opening day is about. Its a social event, not a baseball game for half of the people there. That is why Wednesday there will be 25,000 or less there. All of the "social" people will not be in attendance. I had a woman next to me ask me if they were allowed to have cell phone and use them in the stadium. She was a very nice woman, but it was obvious she had never been there before or had a real clue of what was going on.

While opening day is something special, I always love mid June games with 20,000 FANS at the game, because for the most part, the crowd is there to watch a baseball game and not to be seen by someone.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

too!!! [and Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well]
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I think they are headed in the right direction, but it may not happen immediately. If they win consistently and if exciting things happen on the field then fans will start to show up.
    IMHO if those things happen, you'll see the impact the following year.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-11
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Of course there are some fans, for whatever reason, can't make it to all 81 home games. Work, school, family, money are all reasons why people can't make it to all the games. Doesn't make them any less "real fans" IMO.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I think what he was trying to say, Chip, is that a lot of the folks that show up on Opening Day are there for the "event" and not because they are really baseball fans.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Bah. That's child's play.

Who's going to join me for the 1:05 game on Wednesday, July 18th against the Braves in Atlanta?

Turn Off Ads?