Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Weather Question

Weather Question

Starting Wednesday the low temperatures are going to be around 21 degrees for the rest of the week. Can a baseball game be called for temperatures in the lower twenties, as these night games will be unbearable. Honestly, I wouldn't play Griffey in any of the upcoming night games. Even the mid 40's day games have me nervous. It figures the weather turns the second the season starts.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Weather Question

I dont think a game can be called if the weather is 20 degrees. Just ask Detroit.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    Starting Wednesday the low temperatures are going to be around 21 degrees for the rest of the week. Can a baseball game be called for temperatures in the lower twenties, as these night games will be unbearable. Honestly, I wouldn't play Griffey in any of the upcoming night games. Even the mid 40's day games have me nervous. It figures the weather turns the second the season starts.
    As the other poster noted, it's doubtful they would call the game because of significant cold. I haven't heard the 21 degrees report; more in the 30 or so lows. This happens every year in the northern cities.

You are right though that you may see some players who tender hammies and such sit out a game or two, but this is standard procedure in the early weeks of the season. As some folks often say, "nothing happening here, please move along".

redsgabp

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    do they cancel nfl games?

no, mlb wont cancel the game.

it will be time to man-up, it's not as if they don't have long sleeves.

as for people in the stands, just bundle up and take a blanket.

a + to this is that your beer won't get warm.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    You are right though that you may see some players who tender hammies and such sit out a game or two, but this is standard procedure in the early weeks of the season.
    Holy crap. The weather might radically change over the course of a few days in Southern Ohio. Whoda thunk it? When did this start?

They won't cancel the game unless it rains. Years ago, I saw a game at Riverfront and it snowed during the game but they still played.

Damn, the low on Friday is now listed as 19. Have fun at that game.

The 2001 World Series says hello.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?