Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Reds' uniforms??

Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • They rock...hot, sexy, awesome!!

192 73.56%
  • They suck...atrocious, wretched, god-awful!!

6 2.30%
  • They are just okay...nothing special

57 21.84%
  • Uniforms, what uniforms???

6 2.30%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Okay, an official uniform poll...

Re: Okay, an official uniform poll...

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    Nope, but I'm probably in the minority.
    I'm with you on this issue. I like the new duds.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    I'm with you on this issue. I like the new duds.
    Me three.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

It will be interesting to see how the road uniforms look on the field, and, if they wear helmets with the black bill on the road.
    The road uniforms will look outstanding, except for the black bill on the caps, and I'm sure they'll wear helmets to match.

Randy, do you like the jackets? They look good, but I'm really disappointed that they're not red with black accents rather than the other way around. With the new emphasis on red, why did they go with black jackets again? I also noticed that the winter caps they were wearing in the dugout tonight were black, as well.

Wrong words to describe them, but I like them.

I'm more of a traditionalist I guess...but it looks more 'baseball'
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    The road uniforms will look outstanding, except for the black bill on the caps, and I'm sure they'll wear helmets to match.

Randy, do you like the jackets? They look good, but I'm really disappointed that they're not red with black accents rather than the other way around. With the new emphasis on red, why did they go with black jackets again? I also noticed that the winter caps they were wearing in the dugout tonight were black, as well.
    Yeah, macro, I wish they would scrap the red caps with the black bills. The reds have never worn two different batting helmets so it will be interesting to see if they put out the cash to have a second set with black bills. Personally, I hope they don't.

I don't like the jackets. Primary color needs to be red. They look to be the same exact jackets from last season and I'm a little puzzled by that. I haven't looked closely, but the "tell-tale" would be, "Is the Running Man patch still on the sleeve of the jacket?" "Have they added the Old Red patch or did they just remove the Running Man patch?" Should be able to tell today as plenty of players should have on their jackets, with the exception of Bronson Arroyo, of course. For the last few years, the jackets have changed styles with the arrival of a new season. Not like MLB to pass up on an opportunity to get in people's pockets to sell a new item.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

I haven't looked closely, but the "tell-tale" would be, "Is the Running Man patch still on the sleeve of the jacket?" "Have they added the Old Red patch or did they just remove the Running Man patch?"
    Last night, Narron's jacket had Mr. Moustache on it. (It's down around the left forearm.)

Other than that, it looks to be the old jacket.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Some have expressed their desire for stirrups to return, and I couldn't agree more. Is there any doubt that the addition of the red to the bottoms of these makes all the difference in the world?

That uniform is perfect. That's classic-looking to me. Fitted, simple, goodly amounts of Red. Unmistakably the Reds.

'68-'71 uniforms were simply the best. Love the belt loops.

John Wooden

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    That uniform is perfect. That's classic-looking to me. Fitted, simple, goodly amounts of Red. Unmistakably the Reds.
    The key word is "fitted". The new unis would look some much better if they were more fitted and sanitary socks/stirrips were shown.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 23-18 - FINAL
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1 - FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Absolutely! My son will not take the field without his stirrups.

John Wooden

Today is the day that the Reds should roll out the new red jerseys. As much as I don't like the colored tops, I bet they look better than those of last season.

John Wooden

The red jersys look better than the regular tops because they are more colorful but that's about all.

The more of the new unis I see the more pathetic they look to me.

The best looking uniforms on the field this weekend belonged to the Pirates---by a long shot.

Rem

I don't like the way the piping looks on the red jerseys.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

They are 0-1. Leave 'em in the lockers.

John Wooden

Well, now that we've seen the road unis, what do you guys think? I am thrilled by what I am seeing, and amazed at how much-improved both the Reds and Dbacks are. As I expected, the only flaw in the Reds' is the black bill on the cap - it sticks out like a sore thumb. But other than that, they are perfect.

Randy, you were right about the helmets. Given that they had worn black helmets on the road for the past few years, I assumed they would have a road set with the black bill this year. I'm kinda glad they didn't, because at least we get the solid red while the team is batting.

I'll say the same about these that I did about the home set: this is the best uniform the team has worn since 1971. In fact, put a solid red cap with these, and they could be the best of all time.

I also noticed Narron and a coach wearing the short-sleeved dugout pullovers, and they were red with black stripes, the opposite of the jackets they wore in Cincinnati. They look much better.

Turn Off Ads?