Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Reds' uniforms??

Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • They rock...hot, sexy, awesome!!

192 73.56%
  • They suck...atrocious, wretched, god-awful!!

6 2.30%
  • They are just okay...nothing special

57 21.84%
  • Uniforms, what uniforms???

6 2.30%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Okay, an official uniform poll...

Man Pills

Re: Okay, an official uniform poll...

I don't like them. But to be fair, I don't really like the last decade of Reds' uniforms all that much. Or the uniforms of any major league team--way too much pajama look. I'd love to see the 70s fitted look return. It doesn't have to be retro or anything, but I'd rather the ballplayers not look as though they'd just picked up their trash cans from the curb on Thursday morning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    I don't like them. But to be fair, I don't really like the last decade of Reds' uniforms all that much. Or the uniforms of any major league team--way too much pajama look. I'd love to see the 70s fitted look return. It doesn't have to be retro or anything, but I'd rather the ballplayers not look as though they'd just picked up their trash cans from the curb on Thursday morning.
    Oh well, I totally agree with that. I thought the baggy look would disappear with grunge, but on some teams it's only gotten worse.

They spend their lives molding their bodies into peak shape, and then swath them in yards of billowing cloth? This makes no sense to me. It's an athletic competition, not a toga party, guys.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I couldn't say they rock because I didn't find them sexy
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Eye of the beholder, I guess. "Pajamas" is a term I've often heard (and not as a compliment) for the pullover jersey/beltless pants look common in the 1970s.
    Not all who wander are lost

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by IslandRed View Post
    Eye of the beholder, I guess. "Pajamas" is a term I've often heard (and not as a compliment) for the pullover jersey/beltless pants look common in the 1970s.
    I suppose. But the pajamas I've always seen grown men wear are of the saggy variety.

Droopy pants and athleticism have never seemed commensurate to me.

OK....sorry to be blunt about this but if you like these unis then all of your taste reposes in your mouth. Give a third grader a stencil and a red crayon and this is what you get. Anyone describing these dudds as 'classic' is confusing the term with the correct word: generic.

As a Reds fan I like to think of my team as unique. I like them to stand out; if it can't be in the standings at least I like them to look outstanding when they take the field. Instead I've now got a team that has no immagination and no tie to 'Reds Tradition' (more on that later). As others mentioned, the Reds look like the Nats, the Angels, the DBacks.....and I haven't even seen all the teams yet. Yawn. BORING!

Castellini coined the phrase 'Power of Tradition' but I've got to tell ya', as someone that's followed the Reds since '56, it ain't in these unis! Honestly, these are the most disappointing, ugly unis that I can remember in 50+ years of watching the Reds. They are even uglier than the double knits of the '70's (but at least we had exciting ballplayers in those). The only uniform out there that these top are the ones that the Little Leaguers wear that are made up of pants and a t-shirt top that say 'Sam's Hardware'. (But it's close.)

The Reds teams I followed as a kid and grew up with wore distinctive uniforms. Vests, pinstripes, ice-cream cone hats! You knew that these were the CINCINNATI REDS! Now, they're just another bunch of schlubs out there in red and white. If you randomly tune into a game it could be the Reds....or the Angels, the DBacks, the Nats....it might take you awhile to figure it out.

I know a lot of you didn't like the the black trim of the last uniforms. I get that. But it would have been pretty easy to emphasise the red and still keep traditional things like the vests or pinstripes---add some variation and see what you can do with it. Red socks but with some blue rings, ice-cream cone hat, with or without the pinstripes, a vest with the sleeves of the t-shirt cut away a la Big Klu. There are so many things that could have been done but, instead, we got third grade stencils.

Other than that I'm OK with them.

Rem

Rem, is there anything you do like besides fine cheeses and a good game of tennis?
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    OK....sorry to be blunt about this but if you like these unis then all of your taste reposes in your mouth. Give a third grader a stencil and a red crayon and this is what you get. Anyone describing these dudds as 'classic' is confusing the term with the correct word: generic.

As a Reds fan I like to think of my team as unique. I like them to stand out; if it can't be in the standings at least I like them to look outstanding when they take the field. Instead I've now got a team that has no immagination and no tie to 'Reds Tradition' (more on that later). As others mentioned, the Reds look like the Nats, the Angels, the DBacks.....and I haven't even seen all the teams yet. Yawn. BORING!

Castellini coined the phrase 'Power of Tradition' but I've got to tell ya', as someone that's followed the Reds since '56, it ain't in these unis! Honestly, these are the most disappointing, ugly unis that I can remember in 50+ years of watching the Reds. They are even uglier than the double knits of the '70's (but at least we had exciting ballplayers in those). The only uniform out there that these top are the ones that the Little Leaguers wear that are made up of pants and a t-shirt top that say 'Sam's Hardware'. (But it's close.)

The Reds teams I followed as a kid and grew up with wore distinctive uniforms. Vests, pinstripes, ice-cream cone hats! You knew that these were the CINCINNATI REDS! Now, they're just another bunch of schlubs out there in red and white. If you randomly tune into a game it could be the Reds....or the Angels, the DBacks, the Nats....it might take you awhile to figure it out.

I know a lot of you didn't like the the black trim of the last uniforms. I get that. But it would have been pretty easy to emphasise the red and still keep traditional things like the vests or pinstripes---add some variation and see what you can do with it. Red socks but with some blue rings, ice-cream cone hat, with or without the pinstripes, a vest with the sleeves of the t-shirt cut away a la Big Klu. There are so many things that could have been done but, instead, we got third grade stencils.

Other than that I'm OK with them.

Rem
    I can see where you get that. While I do love them, I think they do leave a little more to be desired. More something...more flare. They are a bit plain, but again, they do look classic in my book. Very 75-76ish.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Maybe they could adopt red shoes, like the A's white kicks.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Ye gads! I just voted in the poll. I didn't want to vote before I offered my viewpoint. People! How in the world do most of you dress yourselves in the mornings! No wonder the French laugh at us!

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Rem, is there anything you do like besides fine cheeses and a good game of tennis?
    Sure. I like laughing at all 9135 absurd posts that you've made. I'm sure 9136 will be delightful.

Rem

They're timeless. A look made to last.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Maybe they could adopt red shoes, like the A's white kicks.
    Maybe but I'd have to see if the Angels have already done that.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    They're timeless. A look made to last.
    Garbage is timeless too but I wouldn't want to wear it.

Rem

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Ye gads! I just voted in the poll. I didn't want to vote before I offered my viewpoint. People! How in the world do most of you dress yourselves in the mornings! No wonder the French laugh at us!

Rem
    Considering over 100 people like them compared to only 4 who dislike them, maybe it's you who has bad taste and dresses funny?

Turn Off Ads?