Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Failed trade?

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Failed trade?

I was reading Hal McCoy's article in the DDN this morning and it mentions that the reason for the 24 man roster situation was indeed a trade in the works that fell through at the last minute. He also said that that doesn't mean something else isn't possible on the trade front. When asked if he was looking for a closer Krivsky said, " Frontline closers just don't fall out of trees."
    So I did some research on who could have been involved in this deal and maybe Wayne is giving clues like the Ridler from the old Batman series. Lets see don't fall out of trees? maybe former Sarasota closer Abe "woody" who is now with the Visalia "OAKS", or maybe Kerry "Wood".
    Riddle me this riddle me that is it a closer, a starter, or a left handed bat?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Failed trade?

Could've been Armando Benitez...although calling him a frontline closer is a stretch. The Nats have been rumored to be listening to offers for Cordero, but I doubt that the Reds inquired. I can't think of any other frontline closers on the market...Otsuka?

Otsuka came to mind, but I'd probably be more inclined to believe Benitez.

Personally, I think a deal would have been for a RH bat, though. Those are easier to find this time of year and they have an excess of bullpen arms right now.

They can address the closer situation later. The need for a RH hitting OFer is a bigger concern right now.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Otsuka came to mind, but I'd probably be more inclined to believe Benitez.

Personally, I think a deal would have been for a RH bat, though. Those are easier to find this time of year and they have an excess of bullpen arms right now.

They can address the closer situation later. The need for a RH hitting OFer is a bigger concern right now.
    Agreed. I think the hope is still that day by day Eddie makes it back around the break and takes over the closer role. I, personally, don't think this is going to happen, but I'm not a doctor, a GM, or even a professional athlete. But with the current group of bully arms, it's possible that someone steps into that role anyway. No sense wasting the trading chips we do have on something that may materialize anyway.

The right handed bat will be a problem though.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Wasn't it Castro and Milton for Santana, Mauer and Hunter?
    The thing is a trade still go down, it isn't as if there deadline has passed.

Turn Off Ads?