Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Virgina Reds Fans....

West Virgina Reds Fans....

April 02, 2007 11:49 pm

Roundup: Suddenlink to broadcast Reds
    From staff reports
    Reds on Suddenlink

CHARLESTON — Suddenlink Communications announced Monday that it will broadcast 145 Cincinnati Reds baseball games in the 2007 season on its local information channel. The game feeds will be provided by Fox Sports Ohio.

Reds games can be seen on channel 22 in the Beckley/Oak Hill, Princeton/Hinton and Lewisburg/Greenbrier County areas.
    http://www.register-herald.com/sport...secondarystory
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: West Virgina Reds Fans....

[SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post

Unfortunately, those of us that live in the Parkersburg area have Fox Sports PITTSBURGH to watch all the Pirates we want. Or in this case, don't want. We don't get Fox Sports Ohio and something tells me that this won't be made available to us:thumbdown
    Julz

Quote Originally Posted by WVJulz View Post
    [SIZE]

Unfortunately, those of us that live in the Parkersburg area have Fox Sports PITTSBURGH to watch all the Pirates we want. Or in this case, don't want. We don't get Fox Sports Ohio and something tells me that this won't be made available to us:thumbdown
    Julz
    Would it make a difference if several Reds fans (you and some of your friends) actually contacted FSN to let them know that WV is Reds Country, not Pirates? Maybe they don't know this.

And if that doesn't work, maybe contact some of the Reds people associated with FOX... Chris, George, Thom... and try to get them to go to bat for you.

I'm serious; you might be surprised at what could result. You can bet that f there are no complaints from the fans, nothing will happen. Give it a shot.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Would it make a difference if several Reds fans (you and some of your friends) actually contacted FSN to let them know that WV is Reds Country, not Pirates? Maybe they don't know this.

And if that doesn't work, maybe contact some of the Reds people associated with FOX... Chris, George, Thom... and try to get them to go to bat for you.

Might not be a good idea to get George to help. They will end up getting St. Louis games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Senor Votto

[SIZE]

Julz
    We had Fox Sports Pitsburgh when we had cable now that we have direct tv we have all the fsns. As a matter of a fact I was watching the Pirates game today in 4th block when Jason Bay hit a two run homer in extra innings.

[SIZE]

Julz
    My parents live in Williamstown and got only FSN Ohio when they had cable; they switched to Dish and have both now. It's strange how the same service in the same area can vary so wildly.

Old Red Guard Reject

I think it's safe to say that no place outside of PA is Pirates Country. I get Charleston/Huntington for my local channels and apparently they think everyone likes the Steelers too. Amazingly though, the same stations hate the University of Pittsburgh. I guess that's because of Dubya Vee Phew.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

I have heard that it is the University of South Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I think it's safe to say that no place outside of PA is Pirates Country.
    There are a few Pirates areas outside of western PA, but I think you are right for the most part. I think the Morgantown, WV area is Pirates country, as is the Weirton, WV/Steubenville, OH area. Wheeling, WV also sometimes leans toward the Pirates, but if the Reds are playing well they will throw their allegience to Cincinnati.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

I worked with a guy who grew up in Wheeling, WV, and he said that was Pirates territory. 'course he was in his fifties, so it had been a while.

Down here, on Armstrong Cable out of Hamlin, we get both the Reds and the Pirates.

I'm originally from Williamson, in the southwest part of WV down on the Kentucky border. The reason cable companies in that region are carrying Fox Sports Pittsburgh is because of the broadcast deals West Virginia and Marshall University have with FS Pitt. Or, at least that's why they carried initially. I assume some of both school's programming is still on there.

Doesn't make much sense for Marshall, and sucks for Huntington, which is just 2 1/2 hours from Cincy.
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

What I would like to know is how do these areas on the border decide which team to show. Why would a city like Wheeling get a Reds game over a Pirates game or vice versa or why do they show both? Could someone from the Reds go to that cable company and give them the old hard sell on why they should show the Reds instead of the Bucs? Could they slip them a little under the table? Give them a rate on commercials? Or is it just up to the program director there?
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by writerdan33 View Post
    I'm originally from Williamson, in the southwest part of WV down on the Kentucky border. The reason cable companies in that region are carrying Fox Sports Pittsburgh is because of the broadcast deals West Virginia and Marshall University have with FS Pitt. Or, at least that's why they carried initially. I assume some of both school's programming is still on there.

Doesn't make much sense for Marshall, and sucks for Huntington, which is just 2 1/2 hours from Cincy.
    Marshall is on CSTV exclusively just about now. (CSTV is an acronym for College Sports Television, but since they took over MU broadcasts, the CS part has several variations in Herd Country. )

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    There are a few Pirates areas outside of western PA, but I think you are right for the most part. I think the Morgantown, WV area is Pirates country, as is the Weirton, WV/Steubenville, OH area. Wheeling, WV also sometimes leans toward the Pirates, but if the Reds are playing well they will throw their allegience to Cincinnati.
    My mom is from West Virginia and she doesn't consider Morgantown part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Marshall is on CSTV exclusively just about now. (CSTV is an acronym for College Sports Television, but since they took over MU broadcasts, the CS part has several variations in Herd Country. )
    Yeah, now that you say that I watched Marshall on CSTV this past season. The FS Pitt deal originally was a few years back.
    Dan Scott, Director of Broadcasting
    Play-By-Play Voice
    Furman University Athletics
    Host of The Dan Scott Show, Facebook Live/Periscope
    Greenville/Clemson, SC

Turn Off Ads?