Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reggie Sanders....

Reggie Sanders....

Kansas City basically has one good reliever (Riske) and a good pitcher off surgery who has potential to return to his former self (Dotel).... other than that, they are empty in the BP. Joel Peralta did pretty good, and has done decent in the past so you could argue that he needs to be mentioned.

Also, Joey Gathright was optioned to Triple A because they couldn't find anyone to take on Sanders. Sanders is platooning with Emil Brown (who is unhappy about it).

Lets send them Mike Stanton or Rheal Cormier, and prospect who is nothing special (can't really think of any names right now, but nothing major)

Wonder if they would bite on it? We could use another OFer, and Sanders seems to put up good numbers every year, although you can't count on him for many games. If Griffey/Freel was to get hurt we would desperately need another OF.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reggie Sanders....

The only way the Royals would trade for Cormier/Stanton would be if they were in a playoff race. Seeing as that they will be no where near that, there's no way a deal like that would be made.

I don't even think it would take that much if we ate most of the contract.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

They would save money by doing the deal, and add some sort of living & breathing being (debatable) in Cormier/Stanton for Sanders.

It would be trading an excess for something you lack. I think at this point the Royals just want to win more games so they aren't a complete laughing stock. Explains the trades for LaRue & Perez, signing of Gruz, Sanders, Meche, and Dotel.

I think trading Stanton/Cormier actually helps us out.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    They would save money by doing the deal, and add some sort of living & breathing being (debatable) in Cormier/Stanton for Sanders.

It would be trading an excess for something you lack. I think at this point the Royals just want to win more games so they aren't a complete laughing stock. Explains the trades for LaRue & Perez, signing of Gruz, Sanders, Meche, and Dotel.

I think trading Stanton/Cormier actually helps us out.
    Teams like that usually blow their load in the offseason. If they do that deal, it's not now, it's a salary dump closer to the deadline. Realistically, how many wins do Cormier or Stanton add to the Royals. If they're to be traded it will be to a contender/semi-contender.

-Pete Rose

I doubt KC wants our old junk, but they would definatly be willing to part with Sanders or Brown if we paid most if not all of their salary.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

We could always throw an OK prospect at them, I was just looking for a way to get rid of Stanton too.

Honestly, I rather give Hamilton the chance to start. If he struggles then I make a deal. I don't want Reggie as my 4th outfielder over Hamilton, and there's no way he'd be happy as the fifth outfielder.

I'd give them Cormier and and a ML reliever for him.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Why on earth do we want Reggie Sanders back?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Why on earth do we want Reggie Sanders back?
    Lack of Denorfia, offense in general.

basically what I was thinking... right now we have 3 starting OFers, and a potential starter (Hamilton)

of our 3 starting OFers, one has proved to be durable

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    basically what I was thinking... right now we have 3 starting OFers, and a potential starter (Hamilton)

of our 3 starting OFers, one has proved to be durable
    It's a good start. Reggie Sanders just isn't the right piece. He's going to go be a veteran presence on a team that's missing a piece or two here or there. He'll be a RH bat off the bench, not a 3-4 day a week starter by the end of the year. I don't think it's a move the Reds make now or at the break, there's little benefit assuming the injured come back sooner rather than later.

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    It's a good start. Reggie Sanders just isn't the right piece. He's going to go be a veteran presence on a team that's missing a piece or two here or there. He'll be a RH bat off the bench, not a 3-4 day a week starter by the end of the year. I don't think it's a move the Reds make now or at the break, there's little benefit assuming the injured come back sooner rather than later.
    Griffey always has the potential to miss months with various injuries, and Freel also has many a nagging ache or pain. Believe me, he could very possibly be starting 3-4 times a week, which, with our OF depth a tad on the low side as of now, wouldn't be our worst option (remember, Wayne tried to get Jason Ellison ).

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    Griffey always has the potential to miss months with various injuries, and Freel also has many a nagging ache or pain. Believe me, he could very possibly be starting 3-4 times a week, which, with our OF depth a tad on the low side as of now, wouldn't be our worst option (remember, Wayne tried to get Jason Ellison ).
    That's what I mean. I don't see Sanders filling that role on any team this year. It's just my opinion, but I see him as a bit player by mid summer on a contender somewhere. That's why I don't think he's a good fit for the Reds. They need someone a little younger (more durable).

-Pete Rose

Turn Off Ads?