Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cormeir

Cormeir

Is Rheal still on the trading block or is that just put aside for now? If he is still going to be traded to who?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cormeir

He's probably still on the block, just have to wait and see how injuries and bad performances go for some teams, including our own. The Padres seem to not be carrying a lefty in their pen, which seems odd. Try rooting against the lefties in the Tigers and Phillies bullpens and hope Wayne can move him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

we can only hope we can trade him at some point this year. I think the Reds have much better lefthanded options within the organization. Lets not let Cormier get in the way
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    He's probably still on the block, just have to wait and see how injuries and bad performances go for some teams, including our own. The Padres seem to not be carrying a lefty in their pen, which seems odd. Try rooting against the lefties in the Tigers and Phillies bullpens and hope Wayne can move him.
    Yes, the Phillies only have one lefthander in their pen. They need Cormier NOW! The Padres have Wells, a starter, and no other lefties on their 25-man. They need Cormier yesterday. Maybe they could send the Reds some fish tacos or nice weather.

REDSBROWNSBUCKEYES

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Too bad the Padres farm system no longer has a worthwhile catcher prospect. Wish they still had George Kottaras, he would fit right in after Ross departed. I would guess that after trading Kottaras for Wells and sending Marabelli back to catch Wakefield they wish they had kept Ross.

I can't resist. I am sorry.

Maybe they can send Cormier to the Nationals for Felipe Lopez or Austin Kearns. :ughmamoru

Seriously though, I do think Cormier has some value. If the Reds are willing to pay some of his salary we may be able to snag a decent prospect for him.

It would be nice to be able to trade him for a first round draft pick, but you can't do that in baseball.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

The thing is this...

Every other team realizes that Cormier is awful.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    The thing is this...

Every other team realizes that Cormier is awful.
    I think it is pretty hard to say that Cormier is awful when his stats say otherwise. His ERA at the time the Reds acquired him last year was the best in the major leagues at 1.59. Is that awful?

His career ERA is 4.02, which is much better than the league average of about 4.50. His career ERA is better than Aaron Harang's, Bronson Arroyo's and Bill Bray's. Is that awful?

Cormier is not a top notch, ace pitcher by any means and he is old, but he still gets batters out. And that has some value.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

2005 38 Phi Nl 57 0 4 2 0 5.89 0 0 47.1 56 33 31 9 16 43 .296 1 2 17
    2006 39 Phi Nl 43 0 2 2 0 1.59 0 0 34.0 27 6 6 2 13 13 .225 3 4 12
    2006 39 Cin Nl 4 0 0 0 0 6.75 0 0 2.2 5 2 2 1 2 0 .700 0 0 1
    his 1.59 ERA is in just 34 innings of work. As you see the year before he posted a putrid 5.89 ERA and his Lifetime BAA is .317. at 40, He's not getting any better.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    his 1.59 ERA is in just 34 innings of work. As you see the year before he posted a putrid 5.89 ERA and his Lifetime BAA is .317. at 40, He's not getting any better.
    Correct and the 1.59 was a result of a flukey BABIP of .238.

I do think there are teams out there that look at things more traditionally and see a LHP who is healthy and established. I think there is some trade value.

Ron Villone on the market probably has any Cormier deals on hold right now.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-04-2007 at 05:42 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by 5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM View Post
    Too bad the Padres farm system no longer has a worthwhile catcher prospect. Wish they still had George Kottaras, he would fit right in after Ross departed. I would guess that after trading Kottaras for Wells and sending Marabelli back to catch Wakefield they wish they had kept Ross.
    Josh Bard would say otherwise.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?