Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reggie Sanders....

Re: Reggie Sanders....

Plus Sanders brings you good playoff luck,look at how many playoff and championship teams he's been on.Good Karma.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    round tripper

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Plus Sanders brings you good playoff luck,look at how many playoff and championship teams he's been on.Good Karma.
    Thats is true it's just he was horrible here he had like what 2 good seasons here.

Quote Originally Posted by round tripper View Post
    Thats is true it's just he was horrible here he had like what 2 good seasons here.
    With the exception of a very dismal 1995 playoff series against Atlanta, Reggie Sanders had just over seven seasons with the Reds. One season was fairly spetacular (28 HR's, .306 BA, 99 RBI), he did not have only two good seasons here. He was a solid consistent performer while he was here, IMO.

Sheesh.

Actually if it were not for the fact that we would require someone who actually would mostly come off the bench (I'm sure Reggie sees himself as at least a part time player + PH supreme) and then be a solid starter if/when Jr goes down, I could seriously see that deal working.

Check this out:

Wednesday, March 28

WHO
    Reggie Sanders

INTERESTED
    Orioles

THE SKINNY

O's mulling Sanders deal
    Mar 28 - The Orioles are considering a deal for veteran outfielder Reggie Sanders, The Washington Post reports.
    The Royals reportedly have offered to pay a chunk of Sanders' $5 million salary. The Orioles, however, may not be able to guarantee Sanders regular playing time when Jay Payton is ready to play.

In return for Sanders, the Royals have asked for pitchers Kurt Birkins or Brian Burres, the newspaper reports.
    Birkins and Burres are both young LHP's. So how about Cormier(I know not young, but LH) and the Royals pay the difference in Salaries? Or toss them Shackelford and say p/u a million in salary or let them off the hook for the PTBNL in the LaRue deal. And since Deno is out for the year Hopper can come up to back up if Sanders/Freel/Jr get hurt, of course once Hopper gets healthy.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Why on earth do we want Reggie Sanders back?
    Just in case we make the post season and face the Braves in the LCS again.

Didn't the Reds have a former Reds star in 1990 only to be released and signed with Seattle to play with his son late in the season?

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Didn't the Reds have a former Reds star in 1990 only to be released and signed with Seattle to play with his son late in the season?
    Mike Buhner?
    Witty signature.

How about the Reds get Joel Peralta from KC instead? That guy was lights out against the Red Sox. He mad Ortiz look foolish. That guy could be a good closer.

Now I will go look at his numbers, but he really impressed me.

EDIT: He has been pretty decent the last two years since being in the bigs. Go get him Wayne.
    Last edited by Jpup; 04-04-2007 at 05:24 AM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?