Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Carpenter to miss next start

Man Pills

Carpenter to miss next start

Carpenter will miss his next start due to elbow inflammation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Carpenter to miss next start

Maybe they can move Ryan Franklin into the rotation. :ughmamoru
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

From the Associated Press:

ST. LOUIS -- Chris Carpenter will miss his next turn in the St. Louis Cardinals' pitching rotation due to right elbow inflammation.

Carpenter allowed five runs in six innings of a 6-1 loss to the New York Mets in Sunday night's opener. The Cardinals said Carpenter will be evaluated over the next three days.

Carpenter had been slotted to pitch again on Friday, jumping ahead of Adam Wainwright and Anthony Reyes to keep him on his regular routine despite two off days in the opening week.
    Boys, this is spectacularly bad news for the Cardinals...I don't care how "unserious" this is going potentially to be reported...the ace of an already shaky rotation, their anchor is hurting after ONE start this season...

My oh my!! I refuse to hit the beer-me smiley, but gosh, I sure want to!!

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Wow...wow...wow...

Not to wish any bad things on the Cards, as beating them down at full strength is always better...

But this isn't the worst news for us Reds fans. Elbow inflammation is a rather large problem. Wish CC the best, but don't rush back!

Cardinals are still my pick to win the division. But if they lose Carpenter for any significant amount of time, they're sunk.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I may have to eat crow on this later, but I can't see the cardinals finishing higher than third even with a healthy Carpenter. Pujols and Rolen are the only formidable hitters in their lineup, and I think their rotation and bullpen is much shakier then ours. Just my opinion though. Hope I'm right
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

On another board, I picked the Brewers and Reds to battle for the division winner this year, with the Cards 3rd, Cubs 4th, Astros 5th and Bucs last. We shall see.

That being said, what a HUGE loss that would be to them. Granted it's 'only' inflammation, but these things tend to get worse instead of better. I hope not, as I wouldn't wish injury to anyone not named Bonds, but still...I do hope he takes his time coming back though

Oh this is just to bad. Somewhere tonight George Grande is weeping.
    Hacktastic: The Story of the 2014 Cincinnati Reds

I seriously don't understand why people are picking the Cards to win the division. There rotation is in bad shape as well as there bullpen except for Izzy.

Speaking of the Cardinals, the Mets lead them 4-0 in the 7th inning at Busch. El Duque has a 4-hit shutout through 6 innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Oh this is just to bad. Somewhere tonight George Grande is weeping.
    I wonder if George gets himself to sleep at night by repeating:

"Tough blow for the Redbirds Chris ... Tough blow for the Redbirds Chris .... Tough blow for the Redbirds Chris ...."

I also bet when he heard the news he started running around screaming:

"He's got it, he got it!"

Got what George?

"Elbow inflamation!"

Tough blow for the Redbirds.

Eric Milton would look good in a Red Birds uniform!
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Carpenter will miss his next start due to elbow inflammation.
    I can't believe you were able to bring yourself to post this.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Eric Milton would look good in a Red Birds uniform!
    This is how it woud go down. WK trades Miton and $15 Million in cash to the Nationals for some 39 year old AA pitcher. Bowden trades Milton to the Cardinals and keeps the Reds cash.

Turn Off Ads?