Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Double play dream team reunited!

Double play dream team reunited!

Just noticed that the Nats lost Christian Guzman to some sort of injury and recalled DLo from Columbus..does this mean that they move FeLo over to SS?

With DLo, FeLo and Dimitri playing the IF for the Nats...what a scary picture of what the Reds could have been!
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Double play dream team reunited!

Won't Belliard play 2nd now? He is a quite a bit better than Jimenez IMO.

Wow. The Nats could be a scary-bad team this year.
    I hope the fans are still in their "just thrilled to have a team phase" - and I hope for their sake that Jimbo is gone by the time that feeling wears off.

Washington could easly lose 100 + games.
    Don't smoke'em if you got'em

Josh Wilson played SS last night, Felo was at 2B.

And what a bad night in the infield it was
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75 View Post
    And what a bad night in the infield it was
    Wilson and Dmitri Young looked pretty bad.

Yes they did!
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Josh Wilson played SS last night, Felo was at 2B.
    They've said that the long term plan if Guzman went on the DL was for Felo to move back over to SS and Belliard would play 2B.

Regardless. They're terrible. I think they have a chance to go 0-fer-April.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    They've said that the long term plan if Guzman went on the DL was for Felo to move back over to SS and Belliard would play 2B.

I've heard that too. Guzman is only on the 15 day DL so we'll see what happens. I agree they're terrible.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post

Well, they certianlly don't look good on paper today, throwing out someone maikng his first MLB start vs. Anibal Sanchez.

Maybe the Nats could pull a Marlins and just start their AA team. That would at least be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44 View Post
    Well, they certianlly don't look good on paper today, throwing out someone maikng his first MLB start vs. Anibal Sanchez.

Maybe the Nats could pull a Marlins and just start their AA team. That would at least be interesting.
    Their pitching certainly looks awful. Their offense is interesting and has a chance to be decent though. Besides the former Reds, guys like Zimmerman and Church at least give the fans something to watch.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...040302023.html

Guzman's MRI revealed a Grade 1 strain, and he is expected to miss two to three weeks.

Lopez also backed off his initial stance of saying he wouldn't move back to shortstop -- where he played most of his career -- even if Guzman was out. Manager Manny Acta spoke with Lopez and said: "He'll do whatever's best for the team. That's who Felipe is."

Lopez took grounders at shortstop during batting practice yesterday.

"If it's for a while, and the team really needs it, I'm happy to go back," Lopez said. "That's the position I play naturally, so I've just got to work hard."

Turn Off Ads?