Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Provider Issues

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Fantasy Provider Issues

Anyone else having extreme issues with any of their fantasy providers?

I'm in three leagues, an NL only, a MLB Head to Head and an MLB Roto league.

The Two MLB leagues used MLB.com/Sporting News last year and it was fine. But the enticement of ESPN & free (and most people like their football setup) was enough to have both league switch over to ESPN.

My NL Only league had nothing but issues last year with Fanball, and we switche to TQStats this year on the recommendation from one of the players.

ESPN has been awful so far, The Waiver claims & rosters are just a jumbled mess in both leagues - and Customer Service seems to have deaf ears about.

TQ Stats is so far behind they sent out an apology email stating that the site would be fully up and running until Saturday.

In my view it's unacceptable on both accounts. I can understand bumps in the road, but to have all spring training to work out the kinks and soil yourself the first week of the season, when enthusiasm is at its highest, is incredibly stupid & a great way to lose future customers.

End of my rant - anyone else having issues so far this season?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Fantasy Provider Issues

I'm in 4 different Yahoo leagues and they are all working great!
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19 View Post
    Anyone else having extreme issues with any of their fantasy providers?

I'm in three leagues, an NL only, a MLB Head to Head and an MLB Roto league.

The Two MLB leagues used MLB.com/Sporting News last year and it was fine. But the enticement of ESPN & free (and most people like their football setup) was enough to have both league switch over to ESPN.

My NL Only league had nothing but issues last year with Fanball, and we switche to TQStats this year on the recommendation from one of the players.

ESPN has been awful so far, The Waiver claims & rosters are just a jumbled mess in both leagues - and Customer Service seems to have deaf ears about.

TQ Stats is so far behind they sent out an apology email stating that the site would be fully up and running until Saturday.

In my view it's unacceptable on both accounts. I can understand bumps in the road, but to have all spring training to work out the kinks and soil yourself the first week of the season, when enthusiasm is at its highest, is incredibly stupid & a great way to lose future customers.

End of my rant - anyone else having issues so far this season?
    I know how you feel...apparently TQ got bought out by someone, and that is why all the changes...still makes it unacceptable. They are a joke. I've already voiced my opinion big time to them. I have them for 2 of my leagues. I don't understand why they changed the software...they've been great the last 5 or so years that we've used them.

I think Yahoo is best league provider. I have tried several and Yahoo is the best for reliability and customization.

I have TQS loved them before... terrible so far this year
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I think Yahoo is best league provider. I have tried several and Yahoo is the best for reliability and customization.

I've been playing in Yahoo fantasy leagues for a long time...never an issue except for the occasional late statistical update.

I have used ESPN for their football for 3 years and never have had issues like they are having with baseball. It looks like they are close to resolving all of the issues but it's still non the less very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    We have used TQ Stats for a few years, but they are awful this year. We switched over to ESPN and have not really had any problems, though it sounds like the problems are coming from the waiver/free agent pick up. We use FAAB via e-mail, so this does not effect us. Therefore, very pleased with ESPN thus far.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

TQ Stats, we THINK, was either recently sold or was about to be sold by CDM. They've obviously gone with some other software provider, which cannot provide their customers with some of the features they are used to.

We've migrated to CBS Sportsline. We had left them 5 or 6 years ago when they went through similar changes, but so far we're very happy. They can accomodate our very complex fantasy scoring system.
    Stick to your guns.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Well - ESPN's issues have made the NY Times today

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/08/sp...in&oref=slogin

A system error in ESPN.com’s Fantasy Baseball League has disrupted live scoring and roster moves since Tuesday. “We’re fantasy players ourselves, and we recognize that it is not acceptable for our players to have anything short of a great experience,” an ESPN.com spokesman, Paul Melvin, said in a written statement. “We also recognize that getting every problem resolved is what will ultimately satisfy our players.” In 2005, ESPN.com was forced to apologize to fans for traffic problems with its Fantasy Football League. ESPN.com would not disclose how many users play fantasy games through its Web site, and would not say how many users have been affected by the most recent problem.
    I've gotten three "Apology" emails from ESPN, each one promising that they have all their workers on the issue - and the deadline to get everything working keeps moving farther and farther out.

The ESPN problems this year are horrible. In the past I have seen problems that haved lasted maybe a day tops but nothing like this. In our ESPN league you can't make any waiver moves because every free agent says they are pending coming off waivers 4/2 last Monday and it has been stuck like that over a week. They say everything will be fixed Wednesday but I will believe that when I see it.

It seems as if some people that have never played fantasy sports before made up the new software at TQ...they were great before...I would think this would have a terrible backlash on returning customers for next year. If I could get my money back, I would do it, and go somewhere else. What a complete joke.

We've used CBS Sportsline commissioner for about 7 years in our in-depth keeper league. It has everything you need. I strongly recommend it. The customization, stats and ease of use are better than anything else I've seen.

Well, it appears that ESPN is going to resolve their issue by resetting all rosters to what they were on the first day of the season (any trades, waiver pickups, etc. post that date will be reset). All scoring for the season thus far will be based on what that lineup accumulated.

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    Well, it appears that ESPN is going to resolve their issue by resetting all rosters to what they were on the first day of the season (any trades, waiver pickups, etc. post that date will be reset). All scoring for the season thus far will be based on what that lineup accumulated.
    The ESPN situation is a total mess. I don't get how anyone made waiver moves anyway in our league it was impossible. I hate that all games go back to the original roster. We could change rosters and bench players fine and now all our roster moves for last week don't count.

Turn Off Ads?