Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burton

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Burton

Yee-Ouch!

The one out recored in his line wasn't even his doing. He'll be allright, seeing how it was his ML debut.

For you stat guys out there here is my career MLB pitching statistics:

G W L ERA IP W K S BAA
    0 0 0 0.00 0 0 0 0 .000
    Witty signature.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Burton

Definitely not the best way to make a debut, but it was just that, a debut. Hopefully he'll have the nerves out of the way by his next appearance.

Way I look at it is this, are the Red's a serious World series contender? Nope thus they should be developing talent for the long term and live with the ups and downs of there young talent. It is not like they are abusing players like Bruce and Cueto and Homer Bailey. They are just trying to build there future complimentary players for the future.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I hope Narron trots him out again tomorrow to see how he does then,and show some confidence in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    I hope Narron trots him out again tomorrow to see how he does then,and show some confidence in him.
    I hope he does if the game is not close. While I think most of it was just nerves, I don't really trust him in a close game right now. I do feel bad for him though, he was crying in the dugout while Pole was talking to him.

Crying? There's no... well, you know the saying.

I agree that Narron should pitch him again tomorrow. This is the bigs kid, time to grow up, and fast.
    Last edited by jhiller21; 04-05-2007 at 03:17 AM.

He should be glad Sweet Lou isn't his manager. Could you imagine? The kid would be told to suck it up and then punched in the stomach
    Witty signature.

I don't know if Lou would go that far

Here's hoping Dick Pole teaches him to turn those tears into anger. You have to get mad out there with the stuff Burton has.

how can you cry talking to Dick Pole?
    Witty signature.

Well, when Dick Pole's your pitching coach, you better cry when you don't throw strikes.

1 game. 1 night. He'll be fine. I have watched some great players do the same thing. As far as him crying, I didn't see that, but I don't see that as a big deal. At least, we know he really cares.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Only if we have a huge lead or if were losing big
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    He should be glad Sweet Lou isn't his manager. Could you imagine? The kid would be told to suck it up and then punched in the stomach
    Im thinking he should be glad he does not have Ozzie Guillen for a manager. He would probably call out the kids sexual preference in the media. Then send him back to AAA.

I want to see the kid get some more chances. He has got his first major league appearance behind him now, so pressure or not he better at least throw some strikes the next time.

Burton was obviously nervous, he wasn't following through completely on his pitches, I will give him a pass he is a rookie. The dude does has some serious hair on his fastball though, as well as his chin.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Listening to the radio Joe seemed to think it was more nerves than anything. It sounded like he is trying to overthrow everything. Hes got the stuff to succeed just needs to fine tune it. No big deal on his first outing.

Turn Off Ads?