The pitchers need to start aiming for that giant head.`
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    Baseball Bliss
    Im a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball. - Sean Casey

Re: The Offical Bonds Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    The pitchers need to start aiming for that giant head.`
    Me and my friends were just talking about that today. I would do it if I was pitcher.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    Me and my friends were just talking about that today. I would do it if I was pitcher.
    I wouldnt, becuase I wouldnt want to kill him. But with all that body armor he wears, I surely would bean him inside on his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I wouldnt, becuase I wouldnt want to kill him. But with all that body armor he wears, I surely would bean him inside on his arm.
    That wouldn't do any good, he would never feel it. I would go for the knee.

Something has to be done about all that. Guys can hang out over the plate with out fear of repercussion and effectively take away the inside corner from pitchers. While it hasn't been "proven" that Bonds has used performance enhancing drugs, the armor on his elbow has been a performance enhancer of sorts. Forcing pitchers to work the middle to outer half of the plate gives him more pitches he can extend on and drive. Forget steroids, let's chase down the knights and put a stop to this nonsense right now. Craig Biggio, you'r next.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by rotnoid View Post
    Craig Biggio, you'r next.
    Problem is, when Biggio gets beamed. He steps into it, he's not the type of hitter you really worry about anymore. So leaving one over the plate to him is totally different than with Bonds.

Bonds armor was "created" to stop him from getting beamed by pitchers who just didn't want to pitch to him. Who cares? Just beam him if you want to. He's going to break the record either way. He'll just keep playing till he does.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51 View Post
    That wouldn't do any good, he would never feel it. I would go for the knee.
    no kidding. I will puke when he breaks the record. selig needs to do something and fast. If maris held an asterick for over 30 years bonds can do it for a lifetime IMO
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

:deadhorse
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    :deadhorse
    Here's a preview of my latest work to be submitted at the next SABR convention....

jojometrics formula #33: describes the relationship of fan comments about steroids (on newsgroups and blogs) to Bonds passing Aaron's HR total..

:all_cohol + = + :deadhorse
    Last edited by jojo; 04-06-2007 at 08:52 AM.
    "This isnt stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

April 13, 2007 - Bonds hits 736 in the 2nd inning. 19 to go.
    Most Vottomatic Player

crap.

crap.
    Well atleast the Pirates are losing
    Most Vottomatic Player

Montani Semper Liberi

Bonds will break the record and no one will care. It's a joke. His head looks like the vampire's in the Blade movie when it was getting ready to explode. He's got a roid noggin for sure.

Turn Off Ads?