Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your choice of announcer pairings.

Your choice of announcer pairings.

Who would you like to see paired as announcers? I would like to see Thom/Chris and George/Jeff. I also don't care too much for Picora or Day, would like to see Welsh the pre game guy alone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Your choice of announcer pairings.

Thom and Jeff. It was like hearing Guns n Roses for the first Time. Makes you want to throw out all your White Snake albums.
    Witty signature.

I really enjoyed last nights game with Thom and Jeff. They called the game and analyzed and talked about the game. I must say that was the first time in a while that I have really enjoyed watching a game (except for the outcome) on FSN. I especially like the fact that they will not sugar coat mistakes made by the players.

Definitely a nice change last night from Grande on FSN

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    I really enjoyed last nights game with Thom and Jeff. They called the game and analyzed and talked about the game. I must say that was the first time in a while that I have really enjoyed watching a game (except for the outcome) on FSN. I especially like the fact that they will not sugar coat mistakes made by the players.

Yep, me too.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Last night had the feel of nationally televised game. I never got that with Chris and George. Ever. They are minor league and Thom and Jeff are The Show.

I'm not up on this subject this early in the season, but will they all be splitting time? They need Thom and Jeff for every game. Very enjoyable.

I really enjoyed listening to Thom and Jeff last night.

Thom and Jeff, good grief..........not even close. Welsh I can deal with, Grande should be doing the Gulf Coast league or something similar, where he can sow lavish praises on everything Cardinal Red.

And to think that Welsh and Grande are being outdone by this duo simply because they didn't want to do more games. Good for us all around.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

I think Brantley and his style are going got be incredibly popular in Cincinnati. He has a gruff, tell it how it is style that I think Midwesterners really like. I agree his play by play needs alot of improvement but the more games he does the better he will become.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

I would like to get rid of Grande and have Brantly do the tv games. I think he is very good doing tv. He has not mastered the radio side of it yet.

No need for a poll here!!...Thom and Jeff were a delight last night...when I got the EI package last year, I got to the point where many nights I'd root for the other team's announcers to have the game...that's pretty sad

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

All of you guys should write/email FSN and tell them what you think. I would think fan support could go a long way when contract time rolls around.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Brantley is actually pretty comical. I enjoyed his "What is a co-ed, anyway? In Mississippi, we just call 'em girls." Also enjoyed his bit about pronouncing the word cement as see-ment during last night's broadcast.

It was like night and day. In their first true game together, Thom and Jeff already have a much more entertaining rapport.

Welsh is somewhat unfortunate. I'm 99% sure he would be very good with a partner like Thom. Or Tyson the Skateboarding Dog.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Turn Off Ads?