Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2k7

Mlb 2k7

In case no one heard:
    February 22, 2007 - Originally scheduled for release on March 6, 2K Sports announced today that Major League Baseball 2K7 is now coming a week earlier. MLB 2K7 has gone gold and will be in stores on February 27 for PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox and Xbox 360.

MLB 2K7 features revamped A.I., Signature Style animations and the voices of broadcasters Jon Miller and Joe Morgan

This game truely looks amazing and I can't wait till Tuesday. If you haven't heard anything about it, read on!.

It's a whole new ballgame! Major League Baseball 2K7 redefines the pure baseball video game experience with true, next-gen details, all-new throwing mechanics and a revolutionary presentation system. Fielder positioning, relay and cutoff A.I. has been redesigned to allow for better, more authentic Major League defensive play. Defensive alignments are now based on who is at the plate.

The Dynamic Throwing System is a responsive throwing mechanics coupled with unique animations for infield, outfield and situational throws. On the stats side, Inside Edge data is now tied into control at the plate. Playing into your pitcher's or hitter's strengths will now reward you with a boost in hitting power.

And with the power of next-generation consoles, everything that you see about the players -- faces, body type, accessories, uniforms and hats -- match their real-world counterparts down to the minutest details.

Everything from a player's batting rituals at the plate to facial expressions have been captured in this year's game, making them seem like their real-life counterparts. Player accessories have also been personalized as well, so if an athlete wears things like baggy pants, wrist bands or a certain type of glove, they'll be properly represented. Player models have also been improved to with accurate physiques for each athlete. No longer are there simply tall or stocky character models; larger players like Bartolo Colon or C.C. Sabathia will actually have guts in the game (maybe now they'll actually hit a treadmill -- although I'm not holding my breath).

Fans of the 2K series will also pick up on some of the other touches that have been included to make the game seem much more natural or vibrant. For one thing, players will notice pitchers sent out to bullpens to warm up during a game. Umpires will have their own personality, which can affect their tolerance towards a call that a player may want to argue. Some may be willing to take a little jawing, while others will be quick to start tossing players out of the game.

You'll notice different camera angles that frame the action from the mound to the plate. In particular, we were impressed by the Dirt Cam and Grass Cam, which presented sharp details of on-field action. This is especially cool when you're watching a replay of baserunning, which has received a facelift. No longer will you see large numbers in the corners of the screen to represent a base. Now, you'll find a runner moving on the screen via a transparent overlay, with bases appearing as he nears them. These technical improvements will be supported with a stronger presence from the commentary crew. Jeanne Zelasko and Steve Physioc will have a much more in-depth presentation before the start of games, and Jon Miller and Joe Morgan will once again anchor the solid play-by-play for each game.

Other features from the previous game, like Franchise mode and GM Career mode, have gotten minor tweaks as well. For instance, Franchise mode has received a visual makeover (which kind of looks like "Franchise for Windows"), with pulldown menus and information broken out in a more visually segmented way. GM Career mode, on the other hand, now has a low level economic system, where players will set ticket prices and handle other promotional aspects of a club. Plus, for those GMs that want to take on competition, online league play will be available for players to test their skills.

And now on to some eye candy:

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mlb 2k7

wow

Ok, who else looked real close to see if they could find dirt on Kenny Rogers's hand?

Honestly, I think I'll buy this game. I used buy MVP until they lost the right to do a MLB game. Last year I bought MLB: The Show but just couldn't get into it. So I think I'll try 2k7.

I havent bought a game since MVP 05, not real sure what I will do.

The Padres are somewhat behind the times. They need to get some jerseys with that new digitial camoflage.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Ok, who else looked real close to see if they could find dirt on Kenny Rogers's hand?

Honestly, I think I'll buy this game. I used buy MVP until they lost the right to do a MLB game. Last year I bought MLB: The Show but just couldn't get into it. So I think I'll try 2k7.

I did lol. I think 2K makes the best sports games out there, any sport. I had last years and it had its flaws, but was still fun. They overhauled that game completly to make this one, so I can't wait, to say the least.

Can't wait to pick up my copy on Tuesday!!
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

MLB the Show is due out soon as well. I'll buy that first. I have yet to be very impressed with 2K. I am STILL playing the Show. LOVE it. I just bought my PS3 and have it hooked up via HDMI to a 50" Plasma. BOY does it look good. I even tested out the new Blue Ray DVD in the PS3 with a copy of Superman Returns. My jaw dropped on a few occasions the clarity was so good.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    MLB the Show is due out soon as well. I'll buy that first. I have yet to be very impressed with 2K. I am STILL playing the Show. LOVE it. I just bought my PS3 and have it hooked up via HDMI to a 50" Plasma. BOY does it look good. I even tested out the new Blue Ray DVD in the PS3 with a copy of Superman Returns. My jaw dropped on a few occasions the clarity was so good.
    I've had a 360 since the day before launch and have been waiting for a good baseball game for it ever since. I didn't buy 2k6 last year and played "The Show" to death. I just bought a PS3 tonight as well. 2k7 looks like it's going to be a good one and "The Show" for ps3 drops in April along with Spirits 4 from Japan.

It looks like we are going to have 3 excellent baseball games this season instead of just one from last year. Here's a shot of Brandon Phillips from 2k7:

"My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

That's outstanding news. I've been waiting to get this game on PS3.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines 1B View Post
    That's outstanding news. I've been waiting to get this game on PS3.
    If you have a 360, I would go with that version first. The graphics will be a lot better considering everything I have read. The online will be a lot better with Live as well. I'm sure the PS3 version will be fine if that's your only option.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    If you have a 360, I would go with that version first. The graphics will be a lot better considering everything I have read. The online will be a lot better with Live as well. I'm sure the PS3 version will be fine if that's your only option.
    You make it sound as if I'm in the poor house if I don't have both. Yes I'm afraid it's my only option. Whatever shall I do?

You make it sound as if I'm in the poor house if I don't have both. Yes I'm afraid it's my only option. Whatever shall I do?
    no, I didn't mean that. I just wanted to let you know that everyone is saying the 360 version is looking better. I didn't mean to make it sound that way. sorry.

Buy the PS3 version?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    no, I didn't mean that. I just wanted to let you know that everyone is saying the 360 version is looking better. I didn't mean to make it sound that way. sorry.
    I know. I was just kidding around with you.

Turn Off Ads?