Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Masters - Discussion thread

Re: The Masters - Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Birdie at 17 for Tiger.
    He's now +3 for the tournament and tied for 21st. If he can par the last hole he's in excellent shape for the weekend.

I remember worrying that Tiger may not make the cut on a Friday a couple years ago. He played well on the back 9 and made the cut.

He went on to win the Masters by 2 strokes that year, I believe.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

He's got a pretty good chance for birdie on 18.

Par on the 18th for Tiger. He shot a +2 for today and is +3 for the tournament. He is tied for 19th right now. He's in a good spot for the weekend.

I can't believe how difficult the course is playing today. From what I've seen on the Amen Corner coverage the greens are playing like sheets of ice. I don't think I could hold a green hitting a short iron from 100 yards on these greens and these guys are having to hit medium-long irons into these greens to make them stick because of the course length. Not easy. Then, when you get on the green, you have to at least stay there. Forget about holing one out. Just lag up and take the 2. That's what I'd do, or at least try. Very, very difficult course conditions this year. I wouldn't doubt if that +3 Tiger is at doesn't land him at a tie for 15th at the end of the day.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    Par on the 18th for Tiger. He shot a +2 for today and is +3 for the tournament. He is tied for 19th right now. He's in a good spot for the weekend.

I can't believe how difficult the course is playing today. From what I've seen on the Amen Corner coverage the greens are playing like sheets of ice. I don't think I could hold a green hitting a short iron from 100 yards on these greens and these guys are having to hit medium-long irons into these greens to make them stick because of the course length. Not easy. Then, when you get on the green, you have to at least stay there. Forget about holing one out. Just lag up and take the 2. That's what I'd do, or at least try. Very, very difficult course conditions this year. I wouldn't doubt if that +3 Tiger is at doesn't land him at a tie for 15th at the end of the day.
    Yeah I'll be surprised if any body finishes today at -3. I think -2 will be the lead and only because those guys are already in at -2. I think the course is going to get harder as the day goes on.

Just as you typed that Zach Johnson dropped a stroke on the 11th with a bogey and he's back to -2.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Just as you typed that Zach Johnson dropped a stroke on the 11th with a bogey and he's back to -2.

And I think Tim Clark is playing as well as he possibly can to be -3, I think he drops a stroke before he's done today.

And Clark drops to -2.

Universal HD coverage is underway for those interested. It looks like some of the big names are already out of contention, but as we know, things can change fast.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Universal HD coverage is underway for those interested. It looks like some of the big names are already out of contention, but as we know, things can change fast.
    Tiger and Vijay are in it still.

Yep. 5 way tie for 1st place right now at -2. I'm guessing only 3 at the most finish there. Wetterich is already in the clubhouse at -2.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Mickelson and Els are at +7 right now.

Phil through 7, Els through 8.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yep. 5 way tie for 1st place right now at -2. I'm guessing only 3 at the most finish there. Wetterich is already in the clubhouse at -2.
    Yeah, it's getting more and more windy as the day goes on.

Zach Johnson is still holding on at -3, but just within the past 15 minutes several players have had drops in their scores. Tiger's +3 now has him in a tie for 15th place. There are probably only 2 golfers still on the course that could drop to +3 so I think that's as far up as Tiger's going to go today, but wow. He was, at one point today, tied for 41st, at least. Now there are only 14 golfers in the field that have the a better score than he does, and 12 that have the same score he has. No one is out of reach.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Zach Johnson is still holding on at -3, but just within the past 15 minutes several players have had drops in their scores. Tiger's +3 now has him in a tie for 15th place. There are probably only 2 golfers still on the course that could drop to +3 so I think that's as far up as Tiger's going to go today, but wow. He was, at one point today, tied for 41st, at least. Now there are only 14 golfers in the field that have the a better score than he does, and 12 that have the same score he has. No one is out of reach.
    Yeah I'd be greatly surprised if Tiger doesn't make a huge move tomorrow.

Zachy J. just missed two easy putts and dropped to -2.

Turn Off Ads?