Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about getting MLB TV anyone recommend it?

got alil captain in u?

Thinking about getting MLB TV anyone recommend it?

i have been pondering for sometime gettin MLB TV what are some of your feelings on it. I am doing this partly because im out of market and are sick of watching pirate games on tv

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thinking about getting MLB TV anyone recommend it?

I have was is now called MLB.tv Premium. I have had it every year since it was introduced. If you are a Reds fan, you will love it. I do not get to see every game live, but if i miss one, I can always watch the hightlights or condensed game... which is like watching the entire game in 20 minutes. MLB is definitely on the cutting edge when it comes to internet cotent.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

i have this year and in the past but I am switching to extra innings on cable. I am getting fed up with constantly having to download new plug-ins for every ridiculous right guard commercial and whatever new server they switch to. Today I had to miss the first 4 innings because it kept trying to load some commercial and it would not tell me what program i needed to find. goodluck though

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    i have this year and in the past but I am switching to extra innings on cable. I am getting fed up with constantly having to download new plug-ins for every ridiculous right guard commercial and whatever new server they switch to. Today I had to miss the first 4 innings because it kept trying to load some commercial and it would not tell me what program i needed to find. goodluck though
    WTF? I have had MLB.tv since they started it. I have never had a problem such as this.

I highly recommend it. It's much better with 700k streams than ever. I would say it's better than analog TV.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I just purchased the basic package for the month to see if I would like it or not. I live just south of Detroit, so I thought I would be able to see all of the Reds games. I'm amazed at how well it works. I even have a "slow" broadband connection (768 Kb DSL), but it doesn't matter. Very smooth playback.

So, far, however, tonight's was the first game I was able to watch live. All of the Cubs games were national blackouts. I'll be upset if that continues. I'm not sure why all 3 of them where blocked out. Perhaps, it was due to WGN or something.

Quality-wise, though, it works great.

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I love it. I've watched a ton of baseball in just the few days of the season, with no problems at all. I have the premium 700k stream, and switching from one to the other you can see the difference.

I had it last year and I have it this year. This year I have the 700k edition and it is much better than the 400k. I actually like it a lot more this year.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    Yeah I've never had to do this either.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I think it's great.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I have it and it's awesome. If you can't watch the game...for example...if you're at work...just plug in some headphones and listen to Marty call the game on WLW. It gives you the option to watch or listen. The quality is great with Premium, so it's worth the extra few bucks to get that versus the standard.

I say do it, they let you try it for 5 days free anyway.
    Last edited by Grounds_Crew; 04-07-2007 at 12:11 PM.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

I like it. I like being able to watch other games too. Like a late close Cards game or something.

I have trouble with the 700k bc somehow my crappy yet expensive internet struggles to connect very well.

It depends on the quality of your PC and your Internet connection. I have an older laptop and it was of questionable quality last season. I could get 20-30 minutes before it started buffering...I used to follow the games on Sportsline and connect when things got interesting.

If you have top-of-the-line equipment you'll love it.

I get it monthly, and with the Mosaic offering, have really enjoyed it. As a monthly customer, there is no disadvantage pricewise to doing it this way, and if things get out of hand, you can cancel anytime. Hope you enjoy.
    PDM

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Red View Post
    I just purchased the basic package for the month to see if I would like it or not. I live just south of Detroit, so I thought I would be able to see all of the Reds games. I'm amazed at how well it works. I even have a "slow" broadband connection (768 Kb DSL), but it doesn't matter. Very smooth playback.

So, far, however, tonight's was the first game I was able to watch live. All of the Cubs games were national blackouts. I'll be upset if that continues. I'm not sure why all 3 of them where blocked out. Perhaps, it was due to WGN or something.
    Quality-wise, though, it works great.

I'm in Michigan too, and all of the games were on for me. I'm actually closer to Chicago than you so I wonder why there was a blackout? WGN didn't even carry those last two games.

Also the premium is certainly worth the extra money. The 700k allows you to go full screen and still have decent quality.
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by cincy09 View Post
    I'm in Michigan too, and all of the games were on for me. I'm actually closer to Chicago than you so I wonder why there was a blackout? WGN didn't even carry those last two games.

Also the premium is certainly worth the extra money. The 700k allows you to go full screen and still have decent quality.
    I'm pretty sure it judges the distance based on your zip code. I'm actually closer to Toledo (@ 4 mi. from the state line) than Detroit.

Today's game is listed as another national blackout. Do you see the same thing? That means I'm only going to be able to see 1 of the first 5 games live. Who wants to watch the game after the fact, unless for some reason, they don't know the outcome? Especially, when it's a 162 game season. If it's a big series later in the year, maybe I would watch it.

I've been thinking about changing my address to a friend's address on the West coast, just to make sure I'm out of the market. Of course, they've been listed as national blackouts, so I'm not sure that would make a difference. Although, you state you've been able to see all of them, anyway. I don't get it. It sounds as though the "national blackout" is popycock. If all I'm going to be able to do is listen to the game live, I'll quit paying for the service. I can listen for free. I've been able to dial in 700 WLW as far north as Traverse City. I'll listen through the static on the radio, and the static of my wife complaining about the static on the radio because I can hear enough "bits and pieces" to make out what's going on (except when the "old lefthander" is doing play-by-play - there's too many darn pauses). That's just the kind of fan I am.

Turn Off Ads?