Turn Off Ads?

Thread: My gut feeling is to blow it up early....

My gut feeling is to blow it up early....

Can anyone talk me out of going on a trading frenzy with the team I'm about to list. I'm not basing this on only being 3 games in the the season. I haven't really liked this team since the beginning.

10 team Yahoo. 22 man roster. Standard 8 +UTIL and MI. 3 SP 2 RP and a P.

Offense = R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, BB, K

Pitching = W, L, SV, ERA, WHIP, HR, K

C - Piazza
    1B - Lee
    2B - Utley
    SS - B. Hall
    3B - Chavez
    MI - Kendrick
    OF - Crawford
    OF - Abreu
    OF - Baldelli
    UTIL - Helton
    BN - Aurilia (1B, 2B, SS, 3B)
    BN - Markakis

SP - Carpenter
    SP - Sheets
    SP - Smoltz
    SP - Patterson
    SP - Meche
    SP - Contreras
    RP - F. Cordero
    RP - C. Cordero
    RP - Torres

I'll start by saying I love my Top 3 SPs and I think my 3 closers will do pretty well even though 2 play on not great teams.

I just don't think I have my offense set up to compete in this league. I'll do fine in SBs, but after that I just don't see where I'll be able to compete enough in the other catergories to have a chance. I'll be bad in HR, RBI, and BB. I'll be ok in AVG, K, and R.

I think I'm going to try to trade Crawford. Ideally I'd get a SS (Ramirez, Young, Jeter) and a good OFer. That way I could move Hall to 3B and not have to worry about Chavez.

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: My gut feeling is to blow it up early....

I think your team is pretty solid actually. I am used to 12 team leagues, which are a little deeper than your 10 team league. But all in all your team looks quite good to me.

Your starting pitchers are solid. Your closers are solid. No help needed there.

Your infield is quite good actually. I would leave it alone. You have the best 2B in the league. Hall is pretty good offensively so not a problem. Chavez was one of the best 3 third basemen for years prior to last year. I think he will play well this year. Lee is a good choice too.

Crawford and Abreu are awesome players to have. Baldelli is a weak link. Helton is the guy you need to worry about. He could have a great season or he could really drop off like he did last year. I would keep him though for sure to see how he does.

I would ditch Aurilia. I have to believe there are better options out there on your waiver list.

Kendrick is a guy you should upgrade too.

Use Patterson only in home games.

I think you will do well.

Re: My gut feeling is to blow it up early....

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I think your team is pretty solid actually. I am used to 12 team leagues, which are a little deeper than your 10 team league. But all in all your team looks quite good to me.

Your starting pitchers are solid. Your closers are solid. No help needed there.

Your infield is quite good actually. I would leave it alone. You have the best 2B in the league. Hall is pretty good offensively so not a problem. Chavez was one of the best 3 third basemen for years prior to last year. I think he will play well this year. Lee is a good choice too.

Crawford and Abreu are awesome players to have. Baldelli is a weak link. Helton is the guy you need to worry about. He could have a great season or he could really drop off like he did last year. I would keep him though for sure to see how he does.
    this is about as good as one can expect his team to look in a 12-team league, I wouldn't worry. Unless Carpenter is out for a significant amount of time, then your greatest strength, becomes your weakness.

I would ditch Aurilia. I have to believe there are better options out there on your waiver list.

Kendrick is a guy you should upgrade too.

Use Patterson only in home games.

I think you will do well.
    I concur, I really like your team, think Lee, Crawford and Abreu and Utley are more star power than alot of 12 team league participants can say. I would not trade to upgrade at SS unless you can get a Reyes.
    DO NOT TRADE A STAR (crawford) FOR TWO LESSER PLAYERS! you can get good production from a pickup that will more than make up for the insignificant return you appear to be recieving by pulling this off. ONLY DO A TWO-FER-ONE w/a star player if YOU are getting the star.
    As for Kendrick I think he will be a top 5 2nd basemen this season and I see no reason for an upgrade there. Baldelli looked brilliant in the short amount of time he did get to play last season so hang on to him, he could be a steal.

Turn Off Ads?