Turn Off Ads?

Thread: One less suitor for Cormier...

One less suitor for Cormier...

From www.mlbtraderumors.com...

Phils Get Help for the Pen
    Phillies assistant general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. announced that the Phillies have acquired Francisco Rosario from the Toronto Blue Jays in return for "cash considerations". The Phillies have started the season 0-2 with both games being lost in extra innings after allowing the Braves to score on the bullpen late in regulation to tie the game, squandering a good start by Brett Myers and a great start by Cole Hamels.

Rosario pitched to a 6.65 ERA in 17 appearances with the Blue Jays last season, but as we mentioned last week, he was having a very good spring. Out of options, the Jays elected to trade him rather than cut someone else from the 25-man roster.

The Phillies are expected to make another roster move in order to create room on their 25-man roster for Rosario. Since Zack Segovia will be needed to start a game against the Marlins this weekend, it's likely Joe Bisenius or Clay Condrey will be the odd man out.
    Any other teams looking for a scrappy veteran lefty? Anybody at all? Please?
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: One less suitor for Cormier...

Didn't Rosario pitch for us a few years ago? A stringbean of guy, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Different guy - this guy was a rookie last year. I was thinking of Rosario Rodriguez who pitched for us in 1989 and 1990.
    Last edited by redsmetz; 04-05-2007 at 09:11 PM.

I kind of figured the Phils wouldn't want Frenchie back anyway. There were in sort of contention last year, although they didn't get close until after Frenchie was dealt.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Any other teams looking for a scrappy veteran lefty? Anybody at all? Please?
    I believe the Padres & Tigers need one, whether they are actively looking or not I don't know.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I doubt anyone will be willing to take Cormier so I'm pretty sure that we're stuck with him.
    Most Vottomatic Player

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I kind of figured the Phils wouldn't want Frenchie back anyway. There were in sort of contention last year, although they didn't get close until after Frenchie was dealt.
    Ironically enough I don't think he was really the problem while in Philly last year. As I recall he pitched really well for them last year up until they traded him to the Reds. That's when the wheels fell off.

EDIT: Going back and looking at the numbers he wasn't lights out in either place but he did pitch better there than here.
    Last edited by Jaycint; 04-07-2007 at 09:56 AM.

C. Trent let slip during the second inning last night that Marty doesn't think much of Frenchie. So that's a point in the poofy-haired Hall of Famer's favor.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?