Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Josh Hamilton

Reds1990

Josh Hamilton

I was out on cincinnati.com message board reading posts on the Reds and someone said Hamilton is being shopped. Tell me their is no truth to this. He had him going to Milwaukee for Chris Capuano or back to the Devil Rays for Jae Seo. No way we trade this guy!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Josh Hamilton

I'd take it for what it is.

A message board trade rumor.

Hell, look at some of the ones we get on here

I doubt it. Cincinnati.com also had Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera coming to the Reds last year at the deadline for chump change, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by gobucks106 View Post
    I was out on cincinnati.com message board reading posts on the Reds and someone said Hamilton is being shopped. Tell me their is no truth to this. He had him going to Milwaukee for Chris Capuano or back to the Devil Rays for Jae Seo. No way we trade this guy!
    He can't be traded. Hamilton has to stay with us for a full year or we have to offer him back to the D-Rays.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

If we could get Capuano for Hamilton I would run around my neighborhood naked.

Don't believe anything you read on reds.com message boards.

Of course, in order to trade Hamilton. We'd have to pay Tampa Bay out the ying yang to keep his rights, than trade him for Capuno.

I mean, hell I'm all for it..but imagine what Tampa Bay would want if all the Brewers are offering is Chris Capuno?
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodave View Post
    He can't be traded. Hamilton has to stay with us for a full year or we have to offer him back to the D-Rays.
    Actually, rule 5 picks can be traded, the rules just transfer to the team he's traded to, and that team would have to keep him on their 25 man roster all year or offer him back to the Rays.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Actually, rule 5 picks can be traded, the rules just transfer to the team he's traded to, and that team would have to keep him on their 25 man roster all year or offer him back to the Rays.
    Wow didn't realize that my bad.

chosen in the Rule 5 draft, a player must be kept on the selecting team's 25 man major league roster for the entire season after the draft--he may not be optioned or designated to the minors. The selecting team may, at any time, waive the Rule 5 draftee, such as when it no longer wishes to keep him on the major league roster. If a Rule 5 draftee clears waivers, he must be offered back to the original team, effectively canceling the Rule 5 draft choice. Once a Rule 5 draftee spends an entire season on his new team's 25 man roster, his status reverts to normal and he may be optioned or designated for assignment. To prevent the abuse of the Rule 5 draft, the rule also states that the draftee must be active for at least 90 days. This keeps teams from drafting players, then "hiding" them on the disabled list for the majority of the season. For example, if a Rule 5 draftee was only active for 67 days in his first season with his new club, he must be active for an additional 23 games in his second season to satisfy the Rule 5 requirements.

Any player chosen in the Rule 5 draft may be traded to any team while under the Rule 5 restrictions, but the restrictions transfer to the new team. If the new team does not want to keep the player on its 25-man roster for the season, he must be offered back to the team he was on when he was chosen in the draft.
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Josh Hamilton is going NO WHERE!!! To many rumor mongers that have no clue much less common sense..

He's already been traded once since being picked in the Rule 5

The Cubs traded him to the Reds for cash
    Back to following MiLB; there's always hope for tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    If we could get Capuano for Hamilton I would run around my neighborhood naked.
    I'm going to find a way to hold you to that.

But I agree. Hamilton's a great story, but he's a bench player. If the Brewers were loopy enough to make that offer, I'd do a happy dance. With clothes, though.

Turn Off Ads?