Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: BILLY G. to KY.

Re: BILLY G. to KY.

Just read on another forum that Texas A&M will release DeAndre Jordan from his LOI and that he will follow BG to UK... said it was reported on 1570.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I saw Mickie DeMoss resigned today. Anyone have any dirt / know why this happened?
    Sounds like burnout.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I was wondering if it could have been a Pokie Chatman type of thing.

I've heard from several she's of that persuasion.

I was wondering if it could have been a Pokie Chatman type of thing.

I've heard from several she's of that persuasion.
    Based on how she looked at the presser today, it may be a health issue.

Well I certainly wish her the best of luck, she did good work at UK.

Well I certainly wish her the best of luck, she did good work at UK.
    Agreed. I thought what she did last year was pretty much impossible.

Just read on another forum that Texas A&M will release DeAndre Jordan from his LOI and that he will follow BG to UK... said it was reported on 1570.
    Interesting. I read earlier this morning that he was likely to end up at Texas. This is good news for UK fans if true.

BRM, it would be huge.

BRM, it would be huge.
    It would also add another reason to hate the 'Cats. :

Story on G.J. Vilarino commitment

April 10, 2007
    Kentucky adds top thirty sophomore point...
    By Van Coleman van@hoopmasters.com

The Billy Gillespie era begins at kentucky with the commitment of 6-foot 1 sophomore point G.J. Vialrino becoming his first Wildcat commitment...

According to a source close to the progrm, and confirmed bu the Lexington Herald Leader, our No. 26-rated sophomore 6-foot 1 point guard G.J. Vilarino from McKinney, TX has become the first recruit of the Billy Gillespie era at Kentucky.

"Hey when Kentucky calls, you don't put them on hold," Gerry Vilarino told the Herald Leader. "Kentucky is a lifetime opportunity. Not may guys get the privilege of playing for Kentucky and playing for Coach Gillespie."

Vilarino is a heady point with good quicks and range to the NBA arc. He ran the show with confidence for the Texas select this past weekend. He sees the court and can really deliver the rock in transition. Look for him to continue to develop into a quality point guard down the road for the Wildcats.

He chose Kentucky over Purdue, Illinois, Kansas, Texas A&M, Florida, and Baylor.

Sampson must have run out of cell phone minutes.

Re: Story on G.J. Vilarino commitment

April 10, 2007
    [B][SIZE="5"]
    He chose Kentucky over Purdue, Illinois, Kansas, Texas A&M, Florida, and Baylor.
    Huh, that's encouraging (in a wierd way) for me that Purdue was even in there with those other teams. Maybe we actually have a coach that can recruit in Painter. He has a good class coming in next year. Its like a bizzaro world.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Interesting. I read earlier this morning that he was likely to end up at Texas. This is good news for UK fans if true.
    If he (Jordan) came to UK, he would immediately become the starting center for next year as a Freshman. But forget about DeAndre Jordan....

Tomorrow, all eyes SHOULD be turning to Stephon Pettigrew. He is the phenom from Elizabethtown, KY (Hardin County) who was just awarded Mr. Kentucky. I have a few friends from the E'town area who have been telling me about him since he was in the 9th grade. I have been watching him closely for the last two years. This kid can P-L-A-Y.

I have been furious all year long with Tubby for ignoring him. Meanwhile, all he has ever wanted to do is play for UK. I believe that--thusfar--UK has only contacted him via an Assistant Coach. That is inexplicable to me. Granted, Rick Pitino hasn't exactly been beating his door down either. I cannot explain it. The kid is all heart and puts up big numbers.

Sounds like Gillispie has been stepping up the courtship immensely over the last few days. Pettigrew was on the radio tonight and he sounded ecstatic that UK was finally paying attention to him. Up until recently, he had resigned himself to only receiving a scholarship offer from Ole Miss (I think). UK is no longer mentioning the concept of him being a "walk on" next year, so I suspect we will close the deal on him post haste.

By the way, Jai Lucas has his final official visit this weekend in Gainesville with Billy Donovan. I would expect that UK is still in good standing with Lucas even if Patterson signs with Florida (as expected). Apparently, both "mom & dad" Lucas are quite enamored with the local boy, Billy Clyde.
    Last edited by Blimpie; 04-11-2007 at 09:39 PM.

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    If he (Jordan) came to UK, he would immediately become the starting center for next year as a Freshman. But forget about DeAndre Jordan....

Tomorrow, all eyes SHOULD be turning to Stephon Pettigrew. He is the phenom from Elizabethtown, KY (Hardin County) who was just awarded Mr. Kentucky. I have a few friends from the E'town area who have been telling me about him since he was in the 9th grade. I have been watching him closely for the last two years. This kid can P-L-A-Y.

I have been furious all year long with Tubby for ignoring him. Meanwhile, all he has ever wanted to do is play for UK. I believe that--thusfar--UK has only contacted him via an Assistant Coach. That is inexplicable to me. Granted, Rick Pitino hasn't exactly been beating his door down either. I cannot explain it. The kid is all heart and puts up big numbers.

Sounds like Gillispie has been stepping up the courtship immensely over the last few days. Pettigrew was on the radio tonight and he sounded ecstatic that UK was finally paying attention to him. Up until recently, he had resigned himself to only receiving a scholarship offer from Ole Miss (I think). UK is no longer mentioning the concept of him being a "walk on" next year, so I suspect we will close the deal on him post haste.

By the way, Jai Lucas has his final official visit this weekend in Gainesville with Billy Donovan. I would expect that UK is still in good standing with Lucas even if Patterson signs with Florida (as expected). Apparently, both "mom & dad" Lucas are quite enamored with the local boy, Billy Clyde.
    As for Pettigrew, some like Tubby may have been worried about his height for the position.
    I told a friend of mine that this kid could most definitely (at least ) add some punch coming off the bench.
    I mean last season basically all we had was Meeks and he started some toward the end.
    To me...a bench of Thomas,Orzbut,Porter,Stevenson is/was not much of a bench.
    Lets say the Cats land one or two (Jordan or Patterson) to go with Meeks, Crawford, Bradley then Pettigrew could add something off bench.
    One more thing : Jordan "still" a possibilty....
    When asked whether he might go to Kentucky with Gillispie, he responded: "It's still a possibility."

We got Alex Legion, of Oak Hill Academy. 45th overall, 12th SG in his class.

Now if we can just pick up Patterson and Lucas, we will be set

Turn Off Ads?