Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Kudos to the Reds Ticket Office!

Kudos to the Reds Ticket Office!

I took my 4-year old son and dad to yesterday's game. I had bought the tickets almost three weeks ago over the phone from reds.com/tickets.com. We were to sit in section 113 row L seats 13-15. Nice seats along the third base side.

We arrived at GABP and I went to a ticket kiosk to get my tickets. It's a very simple process of swipping the credit card you used to purchase the tickets then the tickets print out immediately. I grab the tickets and we head into the Reds Store to buy some goodies.

After shopping, we enter the park where the ticket takers inform me that the tickets I have are no good! They were for Wednesday (the previous day) game. They told me to go to the ticket windows.

I brought the tickets to the Will Call window and explained my story. The girl asked for the credit card I used. I gave it to her and she swipped it.

"Your order was for last night's game," she said. "Let me see what I can do."

She walked away to talk to her supervisor. Meanwhile I'm getting upset that the phone rep selected the wrong date yet when he confirmed to the correct date.

"Why else would I have taken a day off work and brought my son and dad to see this game in freezing conditions," I thought.

The girl comes back to the window and says "We'll comp you."

She slides the tickets through the window.

"Thank you," I reply.

We enter the park with no issues this time. I look at the tickets.

Section 120 Row X Seats 10-12. Tremendous seats.

I just wished I would have gotten the girl and her supervisors name. They deserve some very well earned kudos and another thank you!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kudos to the Reds Ticket Office!

Very cool. We always hear complaints about how someone does them wrong but rarely hear the good. Thanks for sharing.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Being someone that works for a professional MLB Team...actually I'm with my second team now...as most of you know. Anyway, the organization is (for the most part) out to please the fan regardless of the circumstance. Here's the thing, if you approach the representative of the team in a mature fashion, then you will be taken care of. It's the people who approach a situation in a negative way that end up complaining that they were wrongly done.

Remember that...and you'll get what you need most of the time.
    "Rounding Third and Heading for Home"

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    Being someone that works for a professional MLB Team...actually I'm with my second team now...as most of you know. Anyway, the organization is (for the most part) out to please the fan regardless of the circumstance. Here's the thing, if you approach the representative of the team in a mature fashion, then you will be taken care of. It's the people who approach a situation in a negative way that end up complaining that they were wrongly done.

Remember that...and you'll get what you need most of the time.

Absolutely true. I spent 7 years in customer service before I chose a career change over a killing spree. The folks that came in with problems and were polite often left with more than they asked for. The ones that came in out to get the world, usually just left.

Nice story. Good on the Reds for taking care of fans, and thanks for sharing.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Grounds_Crew View Post
    Being someone that works for a professional MLB Team...actually I'm with my second team now...as most of you know.
    I think we all know now.

Senor Votto

That was a super nice gesture. You might have gotten lucky when you talked to her because not everyone would have done that for you.

Turn Off Ads?