Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone watch House?

Re: Does anyone watch House?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Or if you're House, you work with a bunch of doctors who constantly misdiagnose things only you can solve. My question is this: why not have House be the only doctor and then hire a bunch of nurses to carry out his orders since he seems to be the only one that knows anything.
    Actually, that's not the premise at all.

The three young, gifted doctors who work for House were hand-picked in an effort to LEARN his diagnostic technique. They are constantly conferring in front of that white board, trying to work things out from all the possibilities/negativities that exist regarding that week's affliction of choice. He questions them regarding their reasoning, tests their powers of deduction, and sometimes gives them a nudge (or an outright shove) in the right direction.

Most of the time he doesn't know what's wrong either... they work it out by disecting EVERYTHING they know about the patient, his/her family, and living environment... often using a trial and error approach depending upon their deductive reasoning.
    Last edited by TeamBoone; 04-06-2007 at 04:47 PM.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I promise I'm not a scrooge, but these shows just bore me. I am absolutely desensitized to hospital shows, crime shows...

Watch TNT for 4 hours and you get over it all really quick.

Anyhoo- shows like House and Law and Order (the one with Vince Denofrio) seem so manipulated that I can't get into them. The writers basically take one genius and surround him with a bunch of dummies who make him look even smarter.

It's not exactly a new concept. Going back to Marcus Welby they had a show where a patient had a mysterious illness and it took the head doctor to figure it out. Jack Klugman was pretty much clueless on Quincy until about 10 minutes remained in the show and he'd tell Sam he figured it out and burst out of the lab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

The three young, gifted doctors who work for House were hand-picked in an effort to LEARN his diagnostic technique. They are constantly conferring in front of that white board, trying to work things out from all the possibilities/negativities that exist regarding that week's affliction of choice. He questions them regarding their reasoning, tests their powers of deduction, and sometimes gives them a nudge (or an outright shove) in the right direction.
    I've watched the show several times- the bottom line is he's smarter than everybody else. For me, it gets old.

Most of the time he doesn't know what's wrong either... they work it out by disecting EVERYTHING they know about the patient, his/her family, and living environment... often using a trial and error approach depending upon their deductive reasoning.
    On the ones I've seen, he pretty much knows and everybody else is clueless.

I'm being half serious here, of course, but you've seen one episode, you've seen them all.

I can't take the drama anymore. All those beeping machines, people crying, Dave Matthews (WTF?), little kids being sick...seriously, I have enough to worry about in my everyday life to watch these shows that end up on USA or TNT.

I'm getting old!!!!
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 04-06-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Jack Klugman was pretty much clueless on Quincy until about 10 minutes remained in the show and he'd tell Sam he figured it out and burst out of the lab.
    One of my best friends says the same thing about Quincy. Hilarious.

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

On the ones I've seen, he pretty much knows and everybody else is clueless.
    Alot of the times, House is clueless. He struggles with the patients' problems then has an epiphany while talking to one of his colleagues who mentions something about his food getting stolen out of his fridge....

...It's a tapeworm! thats why the B-12 isnt getting into her bloodstream!

all in all, it's an entertaining show. Better than watching reality shows. IMO
    Witty signature.

Turn Off Ads?