Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Josh Hamilton Outside The Lines

Josh Hamilton Outside The Lines

A story about Josh Hamilton is coming up on OTL on ESPN. Just a heads up.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Josh Hamilton Outside The Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    A story about Josh Hamilton is coming up on OTL on ESPN. Just a heads up.

When is that?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Right after the current commercial break.

RIGHT NOW on ESPN
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

It's on right now. 3:51
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I"m diggin' his wife

:

great story although it looked like old footage, but great nonetheless. I didn't know he had the flu yesterday and didn't make it to the ballpark. I hope he plays on Saturday night when I am there. I don't really expect it, but I hope so.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

great story although it looked like old footage
    The original story was aired about a year ago, I believe I caught the episode the 1st time around. Regardless of the rest of the year i'm really glad to have Josh in Cincinnati.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

I usually watch OTL (or DVD it) but I missed this one. Hopefully they replay it like they usually do.

It's funny hearing Steve Phillips applaude the move now. I remember him ripping the Reds for "taking the big risk" of trading for Hamilton under the Rule 5 guidelines (even though they traded for him they had to keep him on the roster or sell him back). I remember thinking at the time, what big risk? $25K or $50K is like a $1 to a MLB team. Phillips was also saying it sent a bad message to the other minor leaguers who are working their way up the right way. (You mean like Rule 5 draftee Dan Uggla last year, Steve?) Now Phillips is all over Hamilton's jock.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I usually watch OTL (or DVD it) but I missed this one. Hopefully they replay it like they usually do.

It's funny hearing Steve Phillips applaude the move now. I remember him ripping the Reds for "taking the big risk" of trading for Hamilton under the Rule 5 guidelines (even though they traded for him they had to keep him on the roster or sell him back). I remember thinking at the time, what big risk? $25K or $50K is like a $1 to a MLB team. Phillips was also saying it sent a bad message to the other minor leaguers who are working their way up the right way. (You mean like Rule 5 draftee Dan Uggla last year, Steve?) Now Phillips is all over Hamilton's jock.
    I've never liked Steve Phillips
    Most Vottomatic Player

Turn Off Ads?