Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354 LastLast

Thread: 4/6/07: Reds vs Pirates

Re: 4/6/07: Reds vs Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    Just got back from the game. Some observations.

It was cold.
    I bet. This was one of those games I was fine not being there. Good to see maybe the Reds are a cold weather team?

Stanton didn't look horrible, but once people get the book on him, and get their timing on him down they will likely eat him up.
    What do you mean about getting a book on him? He's been in the big leagues nearly 20 years. His book has got to be thicker than anyone on the field tonight.

I thought Stanton was on his game, mixing fastballs and curveballs while painting the black. That's hard to hit in any league.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    Hamilton has looked outclassed so far. But we will have to see him get a few starts before we can make that a positive yes.

Based on 1 AB?

HIs first AB, he swung at the first pitch and was robbed of a hit.

Outclassed based on 1 AB?

Lets keep it real guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns View Post
    Based on 1 AB?

HIs first AB, he swung at the first pitch and was robbed of a hit.

Outclassed based on 1 AB?

Lets keep it real guys.
    You mean you didn't see enough in that ab to send him back to Tampa Bay?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    I love Tracy Jones, always have, always will.
    Don't know if I love him, but I do like listening to him. I don't always agree with everything he says either, but the guy is knowledgable when it comes to the game.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Don't know if I love him, but I do like listening to him. I don't always agree with everything he says either, but the guy is knowledgable when it comes to the game.
    Well, he DID play it after all. (in case you hadn't heard)

Many of his premises are just plain dumb. Bemoaning the move of Griffey to RF?!?! Anyone being half-way objective along with a functional brain knows that that was the right move (2 seasons ago!!).

GAC, I usually agree with you, but not on Tracy Jones. I have rarely if ever listened to anyone who was more of an egotistic blowhard than Jones. About all I have ever heard him say was that "he played the game" to supposedly give his opinions weight. Big deal--Jones didn't "play the game" very well, if he is referring to playing baseball at a major league level.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I don't disagree with you much GAC, but Tracy is a pompous, egotistical wanna-be arse. Then he fawns over the obvious.

He's a lazy broadcaster.

And that's all I'm going to say about that.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What do you mean about getting a book on him? He's been in the big leagues nearly 20 years. His book has got to be thicker than anyone on the field tonight.

I thought Stanton was on his game, mixing fastballs and curveballs while painting the black. That's hard to hit in any league.
    Really? I had no idea.

I just meant that he can't ride being a crafty vet for the whole year. You can fool some of the people some of the time....My original post stated that he did good last night. I'm just not sure he can sustain that consistantly throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    I've always wanted Matt Belisle to get a fair chance in the starting rotation. I thought he looked great tonight after he setteld down.
    I'm not a fan of Belisle at all, but he's owed some serrious props. He calmed right down after the 1st and cruzed after that. I hope that he keeps that up over the course of the year and I'll fire up the grill for roasted crow.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWoody View Post
    That was the play of the game in my book. Griffey hustled out an infield hit with two outs then Conine came up and went deep. Freel's run in the 7th was a lot of fun too.

Great game. I think I'm warm now.

To the game again tomorrow, abner? Color me jealous.
    Yea, Griffey gets thrown out and that's the end of the inning IIRC. For all those who gripe and moan that he doesn't leg out each and every hit here's exibit 1 as to him pouring it on when needed.

Yep, off to the game again today. I hope it's not windy today. We were ok last night until the wind kicked up. Then we about died.

But it's all baseball and it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post

I just meant that he can't ride being a crafty vet for the whole year. You can fool some of the people some of the time....My original post stated that he did good last night. I'm just not sure he can sustain that consistantly throughout the year.
    I'm not sure he can be consistently good either at his age. I agree with you but it won't be because there's any lack of " a book" on him. He just isn't going to throw that well all year, but I hope I'm wrong. Prove us wrong Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by geniusMoment View Post
    I love Tracy Jones, always have, always will.
    For his sake, I'm glad somebody does. You won't hear his radio show complimented much around here.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

nm

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    For his sake, I'm glad somebody does.
    Tracy Jones is reportedly a huge fan of Tracy Jones. I believe Tracy Jones has been heard to say: "I love Tracy Jones, always have, always will."
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I called into Tracy last night to tell him I thought Jr. in RF was the right move and we went round and round about how he thought I shouldnt be driving cause I had 3 beers at the game. It was so annoying, I had quick drinking by 5th inning and Tracy thought it was such a big deal.

Anyways cold game but not as bad as I thought it would be. I have already seen as many Reds wins this year as I did all of last year. 2-11 last year 2-0 this year.

Anyone else get only the first inning of the Reds game and then the Cavs game last night? I record the Reds games and I started watching it last night when I got home and after an inning the Cavs game came on.

Turn Off Ads?