Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belisle's velocity

Belisle's velocity

I still have not figured out how Belisle has gotten his fastball back up to his pre-injury speed when 3 years after that injury, he couldn't even get it past 90 when starting in AAA during the 2004 season. Then wala, he starts hitting back into his old pre-injury range the following spring(2005).

You don't think he is taking some of the magic dust eh?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Belisle's velocity

Just because you can make yourself stronger, doesnt mean that will make you throw faster.

No idea but I do know that he got props tonight from Jim Tracey (who I like) when he said
    "Belisle was out there pitching in the same conditions, and he was throwing strikes," Pirates manager Jim Tracy said. "He shut us completely down."
    I wasn't watching the game. Where was his velocity tonight? I know early on in the game on the thread people were thinking the BP was going to play a lot tonight.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

That has to be the most random, unfounded, uneducated steroid accusation I've seen. What proof, evidence, or anything do you have to support this accusation?

Pitchers don't take the roids to throw fast or harder, they do it to recover.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan View Post
    Where was his velocity tonight?
    89-94 sitting 90-93 most of the night.

No idea but I do know that he got props tonight from Jim Tracey (who I like) when he said

I wasn't watching the game. Where was his velocity tonight? I know early on in the game on the thread people were thinking the BP was going to play a lot tonight.
    Belisle was hitting around 91-93 mph with some 94 mph.

He was regularly hitting 92 and 93 tonight. He looked good after about an inning and a half. He looked very confident and in command of his pitches, much more than Lohse looked last night.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

He was hitting 93 on the radar gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    He was regularly hitting 92 and 93 tonight. He looked good after about an inning and a half. He looked very confident and in command of his pitches, much more than Lohse looked last night.
    It probably took him that long to knock the icicles off his glove. Great start by Belisle tonight.
    I'm just like everybody else. I have two arms, two legs and 4,000 hits."

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis View Post
    I still have not figured out how Belisle has gotten his fastball back up to his pre-injury speed when 3 years after that injury, he couldn't even get it past 90 when starting in AAA during the 2004 season. Then wala, he starts hitting back into his old pre-injury range the following spring(2005).

It seems like there's a certain hangover to being in the Braves' system. Belisle's recovered a lot over the past few years. Adam Wainwright's got himself back on track. Jason Schmidt improved later in life. The Braves always seemed to specialize in making guys look fantastic through A ball and then their stuff would start to degrade. Who knows, maybe Bubba Nelson and Dan Meyer will be popping back onto radar screens in another year.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Glad to get Belisle out of there after 6 innings tonight. I would have taken him out after 5, so he won't get tired as soon this summer. He has a limitation on how many innings he can throw before it starts to show. He didn't throw very many innings the last two years.
    Rob Neyer: "Any writer who says he'd be a better manager than the worst manager is either 1) lying (i.e. 'using poetic license') or 2) patently delusional. Which isn't to say managers don't do stupid things that you or I wouldn't."

Yea, he also threw what over 100 pitches in those 6 innings. I was glad to see him pulled too. I hope Santos and Saarloos keep that stuff up in the pen.
    Cincinnati Reds
    VOTTO

Nice Job Matty B.! Great hurling on a frigid nite, son!

Velocity is not the key to pitching boyz, unless you can throw 99mph strikes consistently. Keeping hitters off balance, hitting your spots, and making few mistakes will win tons of games.

Great pitching so far my Red Legged wonders!

Go REDS!

Old Red Guard Reject

Once Belisle got loosened up on a cold night, his stuff was dancing all over. That 92/93 was with great movement. I was thinking just don't put anything over the middle of the plate and they can't touch him.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Alot of times, it takes a full 2 years for pitchers to recover from injuries. It's been pretty well documented.

Turn Off Ads?