Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basketball Tonight

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Re: Basketball Tonight

Well, I listened to it twice (I TiVo'd it earlier while I was out) and I heard the Adam Harang (and the Tony "Gwynn" Jr reference) but not the Kevin Dunn part.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

vina looks lost up there doesn't kno what to say

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I was not nearly so kind TC. ESPN just got a very nasty piece of my mind on where it seems their priorities lie and the effect that has had on the quality of their product.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I'd like to see the message you wrote them, Rick.

This is what you get when you run the good ones out of the building (see: Reynolds).

Quote Originally Posted by DontCopyMe View Post
    I'd like to see the message you wrote them, Rick.

This is what you get when you run the good ones out of the building (see: Reynolds).
    Sorry, I had to copy you.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Sorry, I had to copy you.
    Honestly, I don't know where I came up with this handle. Copy me all you want

You know I think we RedsZoners are being quite unfair. How can we reasonably expect these guys to know the names on the starters of the lesser teams when they are required to spend every waking moment focusing on the Mets, Yankees and Red Sox? The only reason Brantley came available is he couldn't pronounce Dice-K's name correctly.

Hygiene Beyond Reproach ThatPitchIsDunn's Avatar

Then again, we made Kruk's 3 Up, 3 Down segment as the third team in the Up category in the Sunday afternoon show. Come to think of it, whenever we've had good runs, Kruk's always talked very favorably of the Reds on BBTN.
    No one expects the butterfly

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I bet they don't screw up the names of Yankee players, Red Sox players, Cardinal players......you know, the "improtant" teams.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPitchIsDunn View Post
    Then again, we made Kruk's 3 Up, 3 Down segment as the third team in the Up category in the Sunday afternoon show. Come to think of it, whenever we've had good runs, Kruk's always talked very favorably of the Reds on BBTN.
    I've always liked John Kruk

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    I bet they don't screw up the names of Yankee players, Red Sox players, Cardinal players......you know, the "improtant" teams.
    Well when they spend 90% of the show talking about them they learn the names fast
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?