Stick a fork in him, he's done.

Re: Pauly put on disabled list

TC negged for that.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Hope its nothing serious... lets hope for a groin pull or something like that. It sounded like he was getting close to where he was before the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    TC negged for that.
    And just the same, this is a guy who has been on the DL, missing a whole year once, and is back on again. I'm guessing he's done.

Real classy, jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    And just the same, this is a guy who has been on the DL, missing a whole year once, and is back on again. I'm guessing he's done.

Real classy, jackass.
    And what if it turns out that he has a strained groin, or a blister issue, or a strained oblique? Until something comes out about the extent of his injury, I think its a little out there to assume he blew his arm up or something.

Pauly was placed on the DL and it was retroactive to 4/5. That tells me it was nothing serious, otherwise why worry about an extra 2 days? If they thought he wouldnt be back soon, that would not have mattered at all would it? Maybe I am way off with that thinking, but it seems to make sense to me.

why does everyone on here get offended so quick... if a player who has a history of injuries has another one, it is not uncommon to think it could be the end of his career soon

Porkchop Sandwiches

Jax is pretty close to Pauly, he is a little sensitive about this one. Plus, we have to remember, even if baseball is a business and we are talking about assets and commodities, the players are still people. Not to mention we have mothers/fathers/family that roam this site.

Thank you Doog. I have been in contact with him, but we are certainly not close.

But families, and sometimes the players themselves read the board.

I feel for and root for all the Reds players.

I'll use TJ Syzmanski as an example. I think he's on his last chance to remain a prospect. And I'm very discouraged by his start (as I'm sure he his).

But if I wrote it down, I'd say "I'm afraid he's just not going to pan out".

Not "stick a fork in him". You can be honest while still maintaining some class.

I just emailed the Sarasota Reds asking if they would be able to give me some info on Pauly. I used to be in contact with Phil Denis who covers them for the Herald Tribune, but in my computer switch, I lost his email address and can't find it, so I figured contacting the team would be the best idea. Hopefully they respond back.

He popped a hamstring working out before game. Don't know if it was bad hamstring pull yet or not. Least it's not arm related.

He popped a hamstring working out before game. Don't know if it was bad hamstring pull yet or not. Least it's not arm related.
    I was pretty close! After looking at the DL report and that it was retroactive, I had a good feeling it wasn't arm related. For as much as it sucks that a guy is hurt, this is good news.

I am not for sure why, but I have always "pulled" for him since he was drafted....if he comes back, it might be in his best interest to go back to the pen and work as a closer to see if he can make it

I'll use TJ Syzmanski as an example. I think he's on his last chance to remain a prospect. And I'm very discouraged by his start (as I'm sure he his).

But if I wrote it down, I'd say "I'm afraid he's just not going to pan out".

Not "stick a fork in him". You can be honest while still maintaining some class.
    It would also be classy if you took the time to get BJ Szymanski's name right. If you're going to dog someone publicly for being disrespectful, it would come off a little more credible if you were a little more respectful yourself.

Turn Off Ads?