Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The 9th Most Popular Baseball Team

Senor Votto

The 9th Most Popular Baseball Team

The Buzz on Baseball
    By Mike Krumboltz
    Wed, April 04, 2007, 2:43 am PDT

Baseball season is back and searches on America's pastime are swinging for the fences. While players took the field, dedicated fans pushed searches on "MLB" up an impressive 64%.

A look at the demographics shows the sport is popular all over, but it's particularly big in New England. Massachusetts ranks first in buzz, followed by Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York. Other interesting opening day searches: "baseball salaries," "baseball tickets," "mlb stadiums," and "derek jeter pictures." Queries on "bud selig shirtless" remain scant.

Of course, despite the individual stars and personalities, baseball is a team sport. Here are all 30 big league squads ranked in order of buzz. Read on, enjoy, and play ball!

New York Yankees
    Chicago Cubs
    Detroit Tigers
    Atlanta Braves
    Los Angeles Dodgers
    Boston Red Sox
    Texas Rangers
    Houston Astros
    Cincinnati Reds
    Cleveland Indians
    Milwaukee Brewers
    New York Mets
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Pittsburgh Pirates
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Seattle Mariners
    San Diego Padres
    Baltimore Orioles
    Chicago White Sox
    San Francisco Giants
    Kansas City Royals
    Colorado Rockies
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    Los Angeles Angels
    Florida Marlins
    Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    Toronto Blue Jays
    Oakland A's
    Minnesota Twins
    Washington Nationals

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The 9th Most Popular Baseball Team

Interesting. Not too many suprises, but I would have expected St Louis, NYM, and the Phillies to be a bit higher. Maybe at the expense of Mil, Pit, Cleveland, and Texas.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

I predict we'll go down once the gangbangers realize they can't get any predominantly black Reds apparel anymore.
    Xavier University Football - undefeated since 1973

No way are the Reds a more popular team than the Mets. I would think the Josh Hamilton buzz has something to do with the searches being so high.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I would think the Josh Hamilton buzz has something to do with the searches being so high.
    It looks like these are the searches from Opening Day only, so I'm sure the mayor had something to do with it too.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by cacollinsmba View Post
    I predict we'll go down once the gangbangers realize they can't get any predominantly black Reds apparel anymore.
    Man, I must be getting old. I thought the gangbangers liked us for the red and not the black. Whatever happened to the good old days with the Bloods and Crips?
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    Man, I must be getting old. I thought the gangbangers liked us for the red and not the black. Whatever happened to the good old days with the Bloods and Crips?
    You are correct: Bloods Red sells Cincinnati gear. There are several gangs that wear black as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I was just harkening back to the days of the Raider posse.
    Xavier University Football - undefeated since 1973

The Nats are last in "buzz"? That can't be right.

I'm seeing all kinds of press about that team. None of it good, but it's buzz, nonetheless.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    The Nats are last in "buzz"? That can't be right.

I'm seeing all kinds of press about that team. None of it good, but it's buzz, nonetheless.
    You mean the fact that Lopez already has a error? Woops...
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?