Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey JERRY: Get Hamilton a start!!

Re: Hey JERRY: Get Hamilton a start!!

Quote Originally Posted by ncman31 View Post
    Anyone think Josh gets the nod tonight against the DBacks?

They have a righty goin
    Tonight is as good a time as any.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland View Post
    Brantley attributed Freel's struggles against Davis to the fact that Davis is sooooo incrediblyyyyyyy slowwwwwww.

Jeff said that Ryan is so hyper that by the time the ball got to him, he'd been waiting to swing forever. Which screws up his timing.
    But as a leadoff hitter Freel MUST be paitent. He is not doing his job for the rest of the lineup if he is not being paitent.

Read in the USA Today Hammy WILL get a start either tonight or tomorrow night with righties going for the DBacks in each.

If im the reds here is what I do. Freel is hitting about what he is going to for the entire year. What you see with Freel right now is most probably what you are going to see the whole year. I may be wrong but how he is playing right now is right about his norm. I put Hamilton in the game for 2-3 starts in a row. Give Freel a rest and then give Jr a rest. I want to see what Hamilton can do if given a chance to play for a couple days straight. If he looks good (isn't over matched at the plate, plays solid d, gets on base, hits the ball hard) then I keep him in the CF position for a little long and give Freel a start at 2b and 3b in about a 3-4 days span. I hit hamilton in the 2 hole with either Freel or Phillips leading off. This way I can hopefully maximize Freel's production and hopefully get a little more pop with Hamilton in the lineup.

With Hamilton's struggles over the past few years, does anyone think it would be a good idea to have his first start in Cincy? I will be at Wrigley for the Saturday and Sunday games this weekend and I would love to see him, but the bleachers can be pretty ruthless to players.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by ncman31 View Post
    Anyone think Josh gets the nod tonight against the DBacks?

They have a righty goin
    I think he will and I hope he will. If he does start I wonder where he'll bat in the lineup

Sure hope he starts. About 5-6 of us who know josh from little league/high school plan on going up to the sports bar tonight to watch the game.

Agree, Hamilton needs some ABs. But really he needs to play every day. The club is really doing Josh a disservice by having him rot on the bench. By seasons end, it could 5 years of bearly playing. There is no reason to think he coould hit at the big league level (60 at bats in the spring dont mean squat) after 4 years away & almost no expereince over A ball. Best thing for him would be to play in the minors. We should of tried to work a deal with tampa that would allow us to send him down.

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate10 View Post
    I think he will and I hope he will. If he does start I wonder where he'll bat in the lineup
    Could we see the AGon/Brandon Phillips bat lead off??
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Senor Votto

Looks like Jerry read this thread. Good job WillyMo

Quote Originally Posted by el hombre View Post
    We should of tried to work a deal with tampa that would allow us to send him down.
    We may have, but it takes two to tango.

TB has said publicly that they'd take Hamilton back if we offered him, so they may not be willing to trade his rights to us.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Hamilton is NOT going down. There will be no deal with Tampa that allows that to happen. Frankly, he's good enough right now that he can help this team win. Narron actually needs to be a bit more aggressive about getting him more at-bats.

So far so good. maybe I wuz wrong

Many of you have had more time to digest and to process what you have seen with Hamilton and the current Reds. I was wondering what your position and thoughts are now on him playing regularly and since there appears to be no other choice but to give him Freels spot in the outfield and to use Freel as a super sub, what are your opinions of today?

I think that they can stop treating him so fragile on playing time, I believe he can play the game at a higher level on offense and defense regardless of the traditional norms that lead to a bias that would sit him.
    Last edited by Spring~Fields; 04-17-2007 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldFan View Post
    Many of you have had more time to digest and to process what you have seen with Hamilton and the current Reds. I was wondering what your position and thoughts are now on him playing regularly and since there appears to be no other choice but to give him Freels spot in the outfield and to use Freel as a super sub, what are your opinions of today?

I think that they can stop treating him so fragile on playing time, I believe he can play the game at a higher level on offense and defense regardless of the traditional norms that lead to a bias that would sit him.
    Play Hamilton every day!! This isnt rocket science, this team needs hitting and Hamilton can hit.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?