Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of us could spare 5 dollars?

How many of us could spare 5 dollars?

If we could make a proposal to the Reds to pay half of Miltons salary this year if the Reds would cut him, and half of the city chipped in 5 bucks a piece, I think we could have Milty out of here with maybe just 1 more start.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: How many of us could spare 5 dollars?

Why not bump it to 10 bucks and use that money to buy a cheap seat in the ballpark for a night. That might help offset some of that salary too in a dreamworld

paying money to be entertained doesn't make a point. If half of this city was willing to pay just to see a guy go.............................that has a voice.

I am all for fan support at the games though......maybe the donation area should be just inside of the gates?

Ok

I am going to go out on a limb and say..........

I dont think this is going to happen
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Count me in!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    If we could make a proposal to the Reds to pay half of Miltons salary this year if the Reds would cut him, and half of the city chipped in 5 bucks a piece, I think we could have Milty out of here with maybe just 1 more start.
    That's weird...I was thinking about this same thing a little bit ago but chose not to post it. I'd be willing to donate to see Milton gone.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

I'm in.

Ill toss in 80 bucks and take my lunch to work all week.

Are you Danny Graves?

How about just flood the Reds FO with emails asking for them to DFA Milton. I'm not talking "Milton is the sux" emails, but well thought out, reasoned and articulate emails. You may want to include who will replace him since there isn't a cattle car of options floating around. That might help too.

Oh yea, you can just send me the $5 instead.

Senor Votto

That would be funny but it won't happen.

Im not ready to pay milton off. Maybe after a few more starts then I would be ready. Fact of the matter is he didn't have all that bad of a start for a 5th starter. 4 runs in 5.1 innings still keeps the team in the game.

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Why not bump it to 10 bucks and use that money to buy a cheap seat in the ballpark for a night. That might help offset some of that salary too in a dreamworld
    Heck, you only need 5 bucks to buy a cheap seat... the upper upper decks are going for abe lincolns. Even better, I bought one of those 5 dollar deals on Saturday and would up sitting three rows back in section 110... basically twenty feet behind 3rd base. If more people came to games, I wouldn't be able to score such sweet seats... but I'm willing to sacrafice my view for more fans at the games.

I bet you couldn't get $1,000 ...
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner View Post
    How about just flood the Reds FO with emails asking for them to DFA Milton. I'm not talking "Milton is the sux" emails, but well thought out, reasoned and articulate emails. You may want to include who will replace him since there isn't a cattle car of options floating around. That might help too.

Oh yea, you can just send me the $5 instead.
    My good friend [and by good friend I mean someone I've never met, but I do have an unhealthy idol worship of him] Tony Kornheiser refers to this as an email jihad.

I'm on board.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?