Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question from Athens, OH

Question from Athens, OH

I go to school at Ohio University, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what became of the players the Reds drafted from our school, in last years draft, the name escapes me, he might have played 3rd base or outfield

Also, does anyone here attend or have graduated from Ohio U.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Re: Question from Athens, OH

I went to Ohio University, and went to high school in Athens. Actually, The Plains, Ohio. I was a townie. There are a couple of other OU alums in RedsZone.

I have lived around Athens all my life. Lived in Athens County for the past 16 years. My wife teaches at Athens High School.

I am not sure the Reds took anyone from Ohio last year. I know the Pirates have. Cory Keylor who was drafted by the O's was recently traded during Spring Training to the RedSox. He was invited to Spring Training by the O's. I had the chance to see him play a few years ago against Myrtle Beach.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Kneel before Zod Cant Touch This's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    There are a couple of other OU alums in RedsZone.
    I'll be sure to type s-l-o-w-l-y.

Miami University
    Class of 1993
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

Osu?
    Last edited by redsrule2500; 04-27-2007 at 02:38 AM.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I looked up the draft from last year and we drafted a pitcher Anthony Gressick from OU. He pitched for Billings last year and went 6-2 with a 4.50 ERA. He pitched in 14 games with 44 K's and 21 BB's.

Right now he's still showing as being on Billings roster. I checked some of the other players that have moved up and saw them where I expected them to be, so looks like they're holding him back.

BTW, it looks like he might have played in the field at Ohio too because one news report I saw showed he had five hits in one game. I guess we selected him to be a pitcher, which might explain him being held over.

I was born in Athens. And went to OU for a quarter (hated it.. but that was me)

Pickering Hall for 10 weeks and I was out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Touch This View Post
    I'll be sure to type s-l-o-w-l-y.

Miami University
    Class of 1993
    So... you must have been in the Western Program since you can spell eh?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    So... you must have been in the Western Program since you can spell eh?
    The longest stretch of time I spent on Western Campus was when I got married in Kumler Chapel. Beautiful area, but some borderline scary students...
    A flute with no holes is not a flute. A doughnut with no holes is a danish. -- Zen Philosopher Basho

The longest stretch of time I spent on Western Campus was when I got married in Kumler Chapel. Beautiful area, but some borderline scary students...
    Really?

I married one.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Really?

I married one.
    I'm sure she's the exception to the trend! By the way, it's been 11 years since I've been on Western Campus, so I have no clue what it's like now.

I'm sure she's the exception to the trend! By the way, it's been 11 years since I've been on Western Campus, so I have no clue what it's like now.
    It's gone... they merged it with the regular campus. That said, my wife transfered out of there before her junior year and went to UCSC (where there where less strange looking weirdos and more regular looking ones)

This is quickly becoming off-topic, but when I attended Miami, the Western Campus program was a magnet for "alternative" students. I don't want to label them as anything in particular, but they certainly defied the main campus trend toward conformism. (and I'm not saying that's a bad thing...)

Years before I attended, my parents were Miami students as well as my mom's sister who lived on Western Campus. At that time, it was very different and quite popular, particularly for the female students, I'm told.

Things have changed time and time again over the years in Oxford, but I still go back for the same reasons. Those reasons are chez fries at Skippers, cheap pints at Mac & Joe's, and to steal a quick kiss from my wife under the Upham Arch again.

hey redsrule, where do you live on campus

Turn Off Ads?