Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I hope the warm weather...

I hope the warm weather...

brings about a bit more patience by Freel and Phillips at the top of the order...sample size, sample size, but boy they've been way too ultra-aggressive swinging early in the count...not only aren't they hitting too well, but it doesn't work pitchers the way I'd wish because clearly baseball today is about being the 1st team to get into the other teams middle relief...

Let's hope the warm weather allows those guys to settle down a bit...

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I hope the warm weather...

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    brings about a bit more patience by Freel and Phillips at the top of the order...sample size, sample size, but boy they've been way too ultra-aggressive swinging early in the count...not only aren't they hitting too well, but it doesn't work pitchers the way I'd wish because clearly baseball today is about being the 1st team to get into the other teams middle relief...

Let's hope the warm weather allows those guys to settle down a bit...
    I usually groan when Freel swings at the first pitch, but he does get hits many times on it. BP on the other hand is just a free swinger. Wish he would settle down big time. He's a good two strike hitter too, so it wouldn't kill him to get to two strikes like it would for others.

Funny we were leading the league in walks despite these two!
    And This One Belongs to the REDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reds1 View Post
    Funny we were leading the league in walks despite these two!
    Actually, it's partly because of Freel. He's tied with EE for second on the team with 4 BBs. Only Junior and Dunn have more (5 apiece).
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Actually, it's partly because of Freel. He's tied with EE for second on the team with 4 BBs. Only Junior and Dunn have more (5 apiece).
    Yeah, I'm usually one to get on Freel for not being patient, but he's had some pretty good ABs this season. Particularly ABs with men on base and Dunn behind him and he's been able to draw walks to get Dunn up in those situations.

Man Pills

.385 OBP from Freel so far. Take a snapshot; because that's the picture of patience.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 04-09-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Turn Off Ads?