Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Colin Cowherd Cincinnati Rant

Re: The Colin Cowherd Cincinnati Rant

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Born in Madison Place IIRC.
    Branch Hill (across the Little Miami from Loveland-Madiera).
    Makes all the routine posts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I can't say that I'm really offended by the rant. But I am offended by the fact that ESPN employs this guy and radio stations actually run this show. Does anyone actually listen to it? It's horrible. He basically develops his favorite phrase or sentence of the day and repeats it over and over again. It's unbearable. I don't know who is worse: Rome or Cowherd.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    I can't say that I'm really offended by the rant. But I am offended by the fact that ESPN employs this guy and radio stations actually run this show. Does anyone actually listen to it? It's horrible. He basically develops his favorite phrase or sentence of the day and repeats it over and over again. It's unbearable. I don't know who is worse: Rome or Cowherd.
    Tony Bruno

Quote Originally Posted by timmario66 View Post
    Tony Bruno
    Bruno is just boring [I find myself longing for the return of Piecoro]. Rome is too....I dunno. I'm not going to say anything about Cowherd because momma taught me better.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

The rant is just bombast. Purposefully doing harm to another media site/internet location/individule in the manor in which he did (useing public airways to do so) is unethical. Frankly, even without a published poicy on the part of ESPN, I think this guy should be suspended for at least the same amount of time that the internet site was down.

Rem

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Colin Cowherd is a hack....'nuff said

I find Cowherd's show very entertaining and funny.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I find Cowherd's show very entertaining and funny.
    Me too. He does cross the line from time to time, but overall it's a light hearted, hilarious show.

As long as you don't take him too seriously Colin's pretty good. He doesn't come across as the most knowledgeable person about sports, and he's definitely blinded by style over substance (the guy believes Jose Canseco belongs in the Hall of Fame because he's so famous for crying out loud). But if you take him for what he is, entertainment, he's pretty darn funny.

I find his show unlistenable. But then again, my standards are pretty high as to what I enjoy. Howard Stern--admittedly I don't enjoy his show now as much as I used to--and Dan Patrick are about the only talk radio people that I can stomach for more than a couple minutes. I can handle Jim Rome in very limited amounts as well. As long as he doesn't talk about soccer, jeez he sounds so foolish riffing on how lame and boring soccer is. His approach to soccer is just so intellectually lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    I find his show unlistenable. But then again, my standards are pretty high as to what I enjoy. Howard Stern--admittedly I don't enjoy his show now as much as I used to--and Dan Patrick are about the only talk radio people that I can stomach for more than a couple minutes. I can handle Jim Rome in very limited amounts as well. As long as he doesn't talk about soccer, jeez he sounds so foolish riffing on how lame and boring soccer is. His approach to soccer is just so intellectually lazy.
    I like Mike and Mike pretty well (but the spend too much time promoting upcoming events) and most of the guys on XM 175 are decent.

The rest of ESPN, SNRN, and FSRN can stick it.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Yeah Mike and Mike are okay too. I never hear them b/c if I'm in the car that time of day, I'm listening to Stern. Greenberg gets on my nerves a bit. He tries to play up the metrosexual angle to create the contrast with Golic way too much, IMO.

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

Mike and Mike in the Morning is the most annoying, unlistenable piece of dreck on sports radio...."Yeeeeessss, Greeeeenie"....ech! I tried listening to Baseball This Morning on XM 175 but cannot get past the annoying Mark Patrick...and before you think I am all hate--I do like the 2pm hour of Dan Patrick with Olbermann ;Jim Rome and Tony Kornheiser...

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    Mike and Mike in the Morning is the most annoying, unlistenable piece of dreck on sports radio...."Yeeeeessss, Greeeeenie"....ech! I tried listening to Baseball This Morning on XM 175 but cannot get past the annoying Mark Patrick...and before you think I am all hate--I do like the 2pm hour of Dan Patrick with Olbermann ;Jim Rome and Tony Kornheiser...
    You know, I hate to do this, but I agree on the Baseball This Morning show. Originally I was so thankful for 24/7 baseball, and I do still listen because it IS baseball, but Patrick, and Destrade, and Martinez don't get it done for me anymore in the AM.

I'd love for them to Get rid of 5/6 of the on air talent and find some new stuff.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'm not a fan of Cowherd at all. Regardless of his intent - to be funny or to be informative, or to be controversial - he just does not sit well with me. But then again most of the "people like him" (I realize a sweepeing generalization here) tend to turn me off.

I do enjoy Mike and Mike because they at least come off a likable guys to me (whether I agree with them or not) and in general they seem to avoid the preposterous statements, accusations, or lingering obvious displays of negative bias. They, at least in some moments, entertain me.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Turn Off Ads?