Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NHL Playoffs 2007

Re: NHL Playoffs 2007

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8 View Post
    Shows how much I know about Hockey...

Ottawa surprised me a bit, which should not have happened if I actually looked at their performance from December 5 on. They played an ideal series against my Sabres and deserved to win that in a sweep truly.

I think the two best teams in the league are in the finals. Hope I won't be the only one watching the games.
    Well, the Wings weakness was the Power Play, without Kromwell it was going to be a chore, no Schnieder and it was uphill. They lost 2 times in OT and lost a 2-1 series lead, heartbreaking... or not? The Ducks have two Norris guys and their goalie was world class, that was the poison that killed the Wings.

The finals should be a reverse look of the 90's with the Eats having the offense and the west the defense (did I mention I love those west coast Stanley Cup games?

I'm saying Ducks in 6 like my original pick.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Mighty Cup

Not Laughing

What a great series. I wish Ottawa would have put up more of a fight and I'm surprised they didn't. If you are a fan of hard hitting, physcial hockey, this was a great series to watch. I just wish it was more than 5 games.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Damn... I hit almost every series, the West was more brutal then the East, now that's a change.

My wife is ecstatic... now that Hockey is over, she only has one enemy now... baseball.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Nice work on the pick, WOY. The Ducks deserve this one. Now, the waiting starts for my ticket draft for next year.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Damn... I hit almost every series, the West was more brutal then the East, now that's a change.

My wife is ecstatic... now that Hockey is over, she only has one enemy now... baseball.
    That's the great thing about being a fan of both.

Come October, she'll have nearly vanquished baseball, while hockey will be returning from the dead.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Worth The Wait

WOY-

My cousin's husband does radio (on air) for the Ducks. I believe he hosts the post-game show. He also ran a website called western hockey or something like that. Anyway, he sent pics last night of himself on the ice, holding the cup, posing with players, etc... Must have been pretty cool.

About ten of those players on the Ducks roster have played for the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks at the Gardens. It's good to see some local boys lifting the Cup.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night. -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    About ten of those players on the Ducks roster have played for the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks at the Gardens. It's good to see some local boys lifting the Cup.
    Local as in they know the difference between Gold Star and Skyline you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    WOY-

My cousin's husband does radio (on air) for the Ducks. I believe he hosts the post-game show. He also ran a website called western hockey or something like that. Anyway, he sent pics last night of himself on the ice, holding the cup, posing with players, etc... Must have been pretty cool.
    Luck, lucky man he is, congrats to him Ed, he's gonna savor that forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    WOY-

Color me completely jelous. Nice story, Ed.

Worth The Wait

http://www.hockeytalk.biz/

He is the one in the second photo..

Fo Shizzal

Worth The Wait

So more info on him.....

About Josh...
    Josh Brewster founded the Western Hockey Network in 2000, producing all-hockey radio programming as well as print media, covering the world's greatest game from Southern California.

Currently, Josh is the producer and host of the popular "Hockeytalk Audio Features" webcast series on www.hockeytalk.biz, and is also host of the Anaheim Ducks' radio postgame show for the club's road games.

Josh's first hockey program on CRN Digital Talk, 'Power Play,' aired in 2003 and 2004. Brewster also appeared on WNSA FM in Buffalo as an NHL commentator from 2002-04.

His hockey writing has been featured in The Hockey News and Hockey Digest. A 20-plus year veteran radio and voiceover personality, Josh has been heard narrating television series for Animal Planet and USA Network, as well as countlesss radio and TV commercials across America.

He lives with his wife, Catherine, and his son, Brent, in Los Angeles.

[QUOTE=westofyou;1377640]Fo Shizzal

Now, will Bettman appear in the next Snoop video? Perhaps taking the place of the man with the green hat?

Turn Off Ads?