Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bray Has a "Small" Hairline Fracture

Bray Has a "Small" Hairline Fracture

An x-ray this morning in Sarasota revealed a small, non-displaced hairline fracture at the tip of Bill Bray’s left index finger. His treatment doesn’t change, except he’ll be in a splint for 7-10 days.
    -Big Trent

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bray Has a "Small" Hairline Fracture

Buys Wayne a little more time.

After a 30 day stint in AAA we want see either one of the dynamic bullpen duo until at least the end of May.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

if Bray wasn't a pitcher, there'd be little concern...however, it is worrysome that gripping the ball (probably for his slider) puts enough stress on his hand to break a bone. got to wonder about strength in the surrounding ligaments too. this kind of thing could very well be degenerative to a pitcher.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Senor Votto

I wish him a speedy recovery. I hoped he would be the closer one day but I'll have to wait a while longer for that to happen if it does.

Ever since Kearns' "blister" on his hand (which ended up being a complex surgery, IIRC) , it's hard to believe any medical update the Reds give.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I know that most here dislike Cormier but I don't think he gets traded until Bray comes back healthy.

HIPAA prevents a lot of this information from being shared. Basically, no organization can divulge diagnosis information without written patient consent. MLB teams could probably be sued by players if the players were so inclined.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    HIPAA prevents a lot of this information from being shared.
    The Reds sure seem to pick their moments, though.

When Griffey breaks his hand or Deno has TJ surgery, we get "he's fine, can't talk about it."

But when Bray, who's already on the DL, has a "small, non-displaced hairline fracture" that has no effect on his treatment, the press releases fly.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Turn Off Ads?