Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrating game to watch...

Re: Frustrating game to watch...

Lopez's offense is being missed. When on base Lopez was a big threat to steal and kept pitchers honest because he was such a good baserunner. He is a better and much more efficient and smarter base runner than freel is. What this lineup is missing is a true #3 hitter. A Larkin in his prime. I think EE and Phillips can develop into that type of hitter but it is not going to happen overnight.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No way you bunt in that situation. Hatteberg up with a guy who couldn't find the strike zone. I really was hoping for a Hatteberg walk, a Freel bunt, and two chances for Phillips and Dunn to drive the runners in.

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    The saddest thing to me was how good Saarloos looked...his stuff was unreal. then to give up the game winning homerun on what looked like a very good pitch.
    it was a changeup that was up in the zone(albeit away). It was anything but a good pitch.

to quote Saarloos

It was a changeup. I didn’t get that late movement. I didn’t get it down enough
    Last edited by flyer85; 04-10-2007 at 04:49 PM.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85 View Post
    it was a changeup that was up in the zone(albeit away). It was anything but a good pitch.

to quote Saarloos
    You sure it was a changeup? I thought it looked like his fastball that moves left to right.

Didn't look like a homer either, I thought it was a bloop single into left field..
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    When on base Lopez was a big threat to steal and kept pitchers honest because he was such a good baserunner. He is a better and much more efficient and smarter base runner than freel is.
    I agree taht Freel isn't the smartest baserunner at times, but neither was Lopez. One of the things I remember frustrating me so much about Lopez was his bonehead decision-making on the basepaths........along with a lackadasical approach.

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    You sure it was a changeup?
    came from the horse's ... er, mouth.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    You sure it was a changeup? I thought it looked like his fastball that moves left to right.

Didn't look like a homer either, I thought it was a bloop single into left field..
    Maybe they called for a change up but even the announcer said it was a fastball. I thought that ball was going to be just a fly out and BP's ball was going to be out of there in the 9th. Shows what I know.

ok went back and watched the homer again and it was a change up but his fastball is at 88 and his change up was at 83 with the same movement, he needs to work on his change up.

Frustrating game?

Rats.

Oh well...there's only like 155 other games to play this year......
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Speaking of Freel, he didn't exactly set the table last night either. Having a lead off hitter with a BA barely above .200 has a way of minimizing run output.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInMD View Post
    Speaking of Freel, he didn't exactly set the table last night either. Having a lead off hitter with a BA barely above .200 has a way of minimizing run output.
    To be fair, his OBP was .385 coming into the game. He had been doing his job fairly well up to that point.

I'm just glad the offense prior to 2007 never struggled against particular pitchers, or had a cold nights leaving a solid start by the pitcher to go by the wayside. They never had 5 run games followed by 1 run games.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Its still early.

But, they have left a lot of chances out there so far this season.
    I'm East of you. Be very very worried. Not quite OBX. But, be worried.

Turn Off Ads?